Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    ibmcorp

estudio 853 printing very light

Hi everyone,

Yesterday we were printing just fine on the estudio 853 copier. It ran out of paper and we let it rest for the remainder of the evening (we do this often).

Today, when we loaded it up with paper again, the pages came out with the text barely visible. It's very very light print.

We had it serviced about 6 months ago, everything was 'put to standards' for a service contract by the tech but it's not on a service contract. It's still on the same toner bottle since the service was performed, so roughly about 80,000 pages were printed since.

Any ideas what could have went wrong?

I replaced the toner bottle thinking it may have ran out of toner but it didn't change anything. The old toner bottle still had some toner left in it.

Any ideas would be appreciated. It has almost 3 million prints on the meter. Thanks

ibmcorp

Re: estudio 853 printing very light

Seems like a no brainer!

I think it ran out of toner, and when I installed the new toner cartridge it wasn't in right, the copier display "toner not recognized" and after I pushed the cartridge in all the way (and had to turn it the right way also) the prints came out black again. I sure hope that's all that was wrong with it!

What made me think is that yesterday it was printing fine, and today all of a sudden the print was very light, it wasn't a gradual shift. Oh well, will see what happens.