Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: E-studio 3510c

Jcorrado

E-studio 3510c

I need to add Developer to the cartridge (Red) and I have the worst luck with anything plastic, don't want to break anything while doing this. The original owner of the unit said its easy.

Anybody scan a page out of a book so I can give it a shot.

Thanks,
    Jeff

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    E-studio 3510c

Lightbulb Re: E-studio 3510c

This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads

Paul@justmanuals.com

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts
    E-studio 3510c

Re: E-studio 3510c

If you believe that the Dev Unit uses Red Developer, then I definately suggest that you get a tech to get this done for you. There is a little more than just pouring "Red" developer in to the Dev Unit.
    Please don't ask me for firmware or service manuals as refusal often offends.

Jcorrado

Quote Originally Posted by TheOwl View Post
    If you believe that the Dev Unit uses Red Developer, then I definately suggest that you get a tech to get this done for you. There is a little more than just pouring "Red" developer in to the Dev Unit.
    Is was told and quoted $700 to do this. I bought the developer for $350 for myself. I just don;t want to force the cartridge out and break something. I pushed down on the tab on the top of the cartridge and nothing happens with little force. Again I have no luck with plastic parts, I had to stop working on cars because they added to much plastic and i break things freely. Is there some trick on getting these things out of the unit?

Thanks.

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts

Sounds lke you've been scammed already...$350 would account for the entire color PM kit...not just 1 bottle of Magenta...and although I believe the additional 350 in the quote may be a little high, at least you are getting a qualified tech to PM the entire color section, including whatever cleaning may be required and the tech knowledge to reset the consumable/PM counts to preclude additional headaches caused by what you're tryng to do...that being said...Remove the screws from the front cover, disconnect the harnesses and remove the cover, remove the 2 screws from the area that has the bearing and remove that, separate the drum assy from the developer assy and now you should be able to remove the developer lid, dump any remaining developer, and refill, then re-assemble. Hope you don't have any transmission problems that you decide to handle yourself....Emujo
    If you don't see your question answered in the forum, please don't think it's OK to PM me for a personal reply...I do not give out firmware and/or manuals.