Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

Question Toshiba 3510C external GA-1210 Fiery help needed

I have a Toshiba 3510c that is working ok. It has
    Main Memory Size 1024 MB
    Page Memory Size 512 MB
    I have a GA-1210 EFI Fiery controller that I cannot access to set up. I do not have the password. I can print test pages from the printer screen but I cannot access the settings without the password to change the ip, gateway or the Subnet Mask. I cannot access the fiery through the network by file download or command panel. The ip the fiery is set manual to 10.164.10.31 and the ip address of my network is 192.168.0.151 For this reason I cannot use the password retrieval file to print out the password. The software on the fiery is system 8e ver. 1.0 I would like to get the fiery working if possible at a reasonable price. If not I will like to sell it. My number is 904-234-3470 and e mail is Daniel@hmd99.com Is this unit worth spending any money on to get working? the fiery has 1536 (MB) memory and a 67883 (MB) HDD Thanks, Daniel

Technician

Re: Toshiba 3510C external GA-1210 Fiery help needed

I am willing to pay for this service and ship the unit if needed. I live in Jacksonville. Florida

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts

Why don't you set a laptop up to match the Fiery configuration and use a cross over cable to access the Fiery? Then you can use the password tool to reset everything...BTW isn't there a "factory reset" option under the main Fiery menu??? Emujo
    If you don't see your question answered in the forum, please don't think it's OK to PM me for a personal reply...I do not give out firmware and/or manuals.

Technician

I do have a laptop that I can use. What do you mean by crossover cable? Do you mean directly connecting the laptop to the fiery? no router or switch. I was thinking of using an old unused router and setting up a network to match the fiery. My question is: is the fiery controller that much better than the internal controller in the printer that it is worth the time and trouble to doo this? What will I gain by using the fiery. Thanks, Daniel

Technician

I have another thread started with what I have done so far and the results. here is a link to the thread: http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/sa...-fiery-8e.html

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    I do have a laptop that I can use. What do you mean by crossover cable? Do you mean directly connecting the laptop to the fiery? no router or switch. I was thinking of using an old unused router and setting up a network to match the fiery. My question is: is the fiery controller that much better than the internal controller in the printer that it is worth the time and trouble to doo this? What will I gain by using the fiery. Thanks, Daniel
    Either way will work as long as you have your laptop configured the same as the fiery...as to part 2 of your question, the Fiery is usefull if you are a production print environment and have the need to use the advanced color tools the Fiery gives you..Spot on color, Pantone matching, True PS printing etc..however, the Fiery can't make the copy output any better than what the MFP can produce... So if none of the above is necessary for you then it may be better to remove the fiery..There are boards and soft switches that need to be removed and changed...might want to get this info 1st before you make your decision. Emujo
    If you don't see your question answered in the forum, please don't think it's OK to PM me for a personal reply...I do not give out firmware and/or manuals.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by emujo View Post
    Either way will work as long as you have your laptop configured the same as the fiery...as to part 2 of your question, the Fiery is usefull if you are a production print environment and have the need to use the advanced color tools the Fiery gives you..Spot on color, Pantone matching, True PS printing etc..however, the Fiery can't make the copy output any better than what the MFP can produce... So if none of the above is necessary for you then it may be better to remove the fiery..There are boards and soft switches that need to be removed and changed...might want to get this info 1st before you make your decision. Emujo
    Thanks the printer works fine without the fiery. I have added the EXPANSION PAGE MEMORY GC-1260 and the EXPANSION MAIN MEMORY GC-1250 to the printer and it works for what I need. I just thought that since I had the fiery that I would use it to but I think I will give up, It is not worth the effort. Thanks for your advice, it has been helpful.