Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: cs650/es6550

cs650/es6550

recently worked on one of these the call was about bad print quality. I noticed the bottom of the image on their prints was hazey and had lines letting me know the transfer belt or dv units were funky. I removed The belt and checked all componants. All looked well. I installed the epu and had the customer run a jpeg. It was beautiful. So i told them to check the kind of files they're running. The next day they call back for the same problem. A different tech went out as i was busy. And he calls me to go check it out with him. And when i get there the epu won't go in right. The only way we could get it in was with out the belt and black drum unit. Has any one had this happen. It was throwing c022 and ce40 and a few other codes.

The owner of my company is trying to blame me since i was the first one out. Is there any logical reason this could happen?

Field Tech 500+ Posts
    cs650/es6550

Re: cs650/es6550

If it went in smoothly when you left and was working. Might not be you. Those units (epu/transfer) have to lock in at the back of the machine also. Have you checked the mechanism at the back of the machine. It may be damaged and causing the problem.
    It didn't say that I couldn't do it in the manual.

We've come to the conclusion it was the black drum shaft. It was bent about 2 mm up.

Possible for it to do that on its own?

Main drive system or drum drive gear wearing out?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: cs650/es6550

Quote Originally Posted by WilliamTucker View Post
    recently worked on one of these the call was about bad print quality. I noticed the bottom of the image on their prints was hazey and had lines letting me know the transfer belt or dv units were funky. I removed The belt and checked all componants. All looked well. I installed the epu and had the customer run a jpeg. It was beautiful. So i told them to check the kind of files they're running. The next day they call back for the same problem. A different tech went out as i was busy. And he calls me to go check it out with him. And when i get there the epu won't go in right. The only way we could get it in was with out the belt and black drum unit. Has any one had this happen. It was throwing c022 and ce40 and a few other codes.

The owner of my company is trying to blame me since i was the first one out. Is there any logical reason this could happen?
    The Code C022 refers directly to YMC so check the connectors are fully in place on the Process Unit.