Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Toshiba e-Studio 200L charge leakage / vertical banding

Hello all,

I have a Toshiba es 200L (280 series) that just had the drum and cleaning blade replaced, the machine ran for a week then was getting C970 error codes. The prints were coming out full of developer, and I believe the C970 (charge leakage) was do to the charge grid making contact with the drum. I replaced the charge unit with a known good unit from a machine we had in the shop, no more c970, but now it is getting vertical bands of developer.

I've tried 2 different charge units and a new drum but the problem remains. Everything appears to be put together correctly and nothing looks broken or missing. The development unit doesn't have any broken gears and turns smooth when I rotate the gears manually.

I've included some sample internal prints. Any ideas please let me know!

FYI, the first page of the scan shows the page full of developer before replacing the charge unit, the rest shows the vertical banding after replacement. ALSO note the prints were run long edge feed.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by mntech; 06-14-2013 at 06:04 PM. Reason: Additional Information

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Exclamation Re: Toshiba e-Studio 200L charge leakage / vertical banding

This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads

Paul@justmanuals.com

Burnout

Re: Toshiba e-Studio 200L charge leakage / vertical banding

First Question is have you checked the charges? second, Are you reseting the couters (they do affect charges) most of my C970s were the ts unit. sep wires will swing like a jump rope if dirty causing main charge probs. also the connection is well... light wieght, bending has had me chasing my tail before. hope this helps

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mntech View Post
    Hello all,

I have a Toshiba es 200L (280 series) that just had the drum and cleaning blade replaced, the machine ran for a week then was getting C970 error codes. The prints were coming out full of developer, and I believe the C970 (charge leakage) was do to the charge grid making contact with the drum. I replaced the charge unit with a known good unit from a machine we had in the shop, no more c970, but now it is getting vertical bands of developer.

I've tried 2 different charge units and a new drum but the problem remains. Everything appears to be put together correctly and nothing looks broken or missing. The development unit doesn't have any broken gears and turns smooth when I rotate the gears manually.

I've included some sample internal prints. Any ideas please let me know!

FYI, the first page of the scan shows the page full of developer before replacing the charge unit, the rest shows the vertical banding after replacement. ALSO note the prints were run long edge feed.
    When replacing Drum & Blade the Recovery Blade should be replaced also - but this looks like a Magnet issue inside the Mag Roller, if you have another Process Unit complete in your office then swap them, just for the exercise also clean the T/S wire with a rubber eraser to eliminate build up on the wires.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by canonbundy View Post
    When replacing Drum & Blade the Recovery Blade should be replaced also - but this looks like a Magnet issue inside the Mag Roller, if you have another Process Unit complete in your office then swap them, just for the exercise also clean the T/S wire with a rubber eraser to eliminate build up on the wires.
    Agree with canonbundy, looks like mag.roll problem, try swap the process unit.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

thanks for all the great info!
    I was leaning towards the mag roller as well. I've just never seen any machine have that problem with the mag roller that wasn't related to gear/drive of the unit.

I will have to locate a new unit and I'll let everyone know for sure if that resolves the problem.

Thanks again!

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by mntech View Post
    thanks for all the great info!
    I was leaning towards the mag roller as well. I've just never seen any machine have that problem with the mag roller that wasn't related to gear/drive of the unit.

I will have to locate a new unit and I'll let everyone know for sure if that resolves the problem.

Thanks again!
    Also check you have reconnected drum thermistor.

Field Tech 500+ Posts

Take out the charger cleaning rod and give that a try. I remove them on the first service on those models.
    It didn't say that I couldn't do it in the manual.