Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts same_steven's Avatar

Error e511 on toshiba est 850

Hey guyz,

I have this error that is giving me headache. How do I go about it please?

Regards,

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts

Re: Error e511 on toshiba est 850

it's some kind of duplex jam. Paper has been flipped but isn't making it back to the fuser. Check your sensors. Emujo
    If you don't see your question answered in the forum, please don't think it's OK to PM me for a personal reply...I do not give out firmware and/or manuals.

Is it just the sensors or even the clutches?

How would I know??? You're the tech in front of the machine...test them out!!! I just gave you a suggestion..GEEEZEEE!!!
    If you don't see your question answered in the forum, please don't think it's OK to PM me for a personal reply...I do not give out firmware and/or manuals.

The reason I am asking this is because i tried changing the cluthes in the duplex unit but the problem still persists. Anyway thanks so much buddy you are the best

It would help if you posted what you've done to correct the problem instead of sounding like you are quite unfamiliar with the product and throwing a generic question out there. Did you check the sensors in I/O mode? Go through the turnover section and look for broken gears (especially that double gear towards the bottom)? Are there any nicks/crumples in the paper that would lead you to believe that paper is striking something on its way through? Emujo

Technician

Make sure that you did not miss a torn piece of paper. Also you might want to check the ADU connector. I have seen paper get inside of that connector and cause damage which would not allow the sensors to work, if the sensor test fails.

To be honest I am not very familiar with this kind of machine. I don't know how to test the sensors in I/O mode. The machine works fine on one sided copy but on duplex the paper crumples and when you open the left side cover it falls off. It is like the paper hits something as it tries to enter the fixing unit but there is nothing blocking. My thinking is that the rollers under the fixing unit don't turn at all. I have checked and nothing is broken.
    I changed the clutches at the back of the fuser unit responsible for the reverse transfer but nothing changed.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by same_steven View Post
    To be honest I am not very familiar with this kind of machine. I don't know how to test the sensors in I/O mode. The machine works fine on one sided copy but on duplex the paper crumples and when you open the left side cover it falls off. It is like the paper hits something as it tries to enter the fixing unit but there is nothing blocking. My thinking is that the rollers under the fixing unit don't turn at all. I have checked and nothing is broken.
    I changed the clutches at the back of the fuser unit responsible for the reverse transfer but nothing changed.
    The other guys have given you a lot of info to check on - if you think the rollers under the Fuser aren't turning then maybe the Gear mentioned earlier.
    For my input check the Sensor Flags in the L/H door (with your fingernail) for deep paper cuts, also buff up all the paper guides in/out of fuser & L/H door.

Field Tech 500+ Posts
    Error e511 on toshiba est 850

Check the lower actuator on the left hand door, you may find a cut out in it from where the paper has hit it at high speed. Those need changing on a regular basis. I change them on a pm usually. Depends on the paper used etc to how fast it wears. This is just on top of the other advice given. Saves me typing more when I come in after others.

I imagine emujo with a massive head, to contain all the information and stuff he knows. Like an upside down snowman. It makes sense now after some beers at the pub
    It didn't say that I couldn't do it in the manual.