Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    CNG

Estudio 255 Scanner Rom

Hello All,

I am having problems with my estudio 255. The machine cannot start and displays the message 'scanner firmware update failed, please reload firmware with usb/jig'
    I have tried C+3 format + repartition and reloaded OS by itself, shut down then the other 3 modules (SYS, Engine, Scanner) however scan firmware fails to load with S01 Time Out when the download is requested.
    I also do not have the ability to enter service (08) mode either.

Will updating the scanner firmware with a Jig in this scenario resolve this S01 time out problem? Will the incorrect firmware (new CCD / old CCD) being loaded damage any system boards? I am trying to determine if this is a software issue or hardware/board problem.

If anyone has any suggestions it would be appreciated.

Technician

Re: Estudio 255 Scanner Rom

Quote Originally Posted by CNG View Post
    Hello All,

I am having problems with my estudio 255. The machine cannot start and displays the message 'scanner firmware update failed, please reload firmware with usb/jig'
    I have tried C+3 format + repartition and reloaded OS by itself, shut down then the other 3 modules (SYS, Engine, Scanner) however scan firmware fails to load with S01 Time Out when the download is requested.
    I also do not have the ability to enter service (08) mode either.

Will updating the scanner firmware with a Jig in this scenario resolve this S01 time out problem? Will the incorrect firmware (new CCD / old CCD) being loaded damage any system boards? I am trying to determine if this is a software issue or hardware/board problem.

If anyone has any suggestions it would be appreciated.
    Red dot 3 line CCD Yellow dot 4 line CCD, sounds like if you have put the wrong scanner firmware on if so you will need the jig to overwrite you will not be able to recover with USB.