Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts vincent64's Avatar

Toner not recognized

I have a ES 3040c that is giving me this message, started with BK now the Mangenta is showing up same message, I have done the same thing I did for the 455 with the same message, clean that little PWB at the rear of the mach, where the toner cart mates up to it, its the part with the 5 little springs on it, there is a identical PWB on the toner cart's, clean the PWB's little gold squares to clean off any oxidation that may be there, went away for a while, but came back, new toner cart did not help any, got some fo the PWB's on order for the toner units, firmware I belive is current, and meter count on it is low, less than 30K or so on BK...any ideas???????

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Re: Toner not recognized

Quote Originally Posted by vincent64 View Post
    I have a ES 3040c that is giving me this message, started with BK now the Mangenta is showing up same message, I have done the same thing I did for the 455 with the same message, clean that little PWB at the rear of the mach, where the toner cart mates up to it, its the part with the 5 little springs on it, there is a identical PWB on the toner cart's, clean the PWB's little gold squares to clean off any oxidation that may be there, went away for a while, but came back, new toner cart did not help any, got some fo the PWB's on order for the toner units, firmware I belive is current, and meter count on it is low, less than 30K or so on BK...any ideas???????
    What happens is the front door has protrusions that push the cartridges in when you close the door. Sometimes they don't put enough pressure on the cartridge and you get the toner not recognized message. You can put something like a felt pad on the door protrusions to put more pressure when the door is closed.

Quote Originally Posted by bryand View Post
    What happens is the front door has protrusions that push the cartridges in when you close the door. Sometimes they don't put enough pressure on the cartridge and you get the toner not recognized message. You can put something like a felt pad on the door protrusions to put more pressure when the door is closed.

Nothing I found even relates to that, except the TSB about instaling the mylars on the toner latch protusions on the side of the toner cart guide, for lack of a better term.
    Will take a look at that also today
    Thanks

Field Tech 500+ Posts
    Toner not recognized

Check the toner drive gears to
    It didn't say that I couldn't do it in the manual.

Just a quick update, replaced the PWB in the toner unit, new toner cart, old one showed empty, eventhough it was not, and now working again, going to get the mylars update for the color cart's and try some felt pads on the door protruions to put more presure on the cart's and see how that goes.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vincent64 View Post
    Just a quick update, replaced the PWB in the toner unit, new toner cart, old one showed empty, eventhough it was not, and now working again, going to get the mylars update for the color cart's and try some felt pads on the door protruions to put more presure on the cart's and see how that goes.
    I have this problem....tryed every thing..toner cartridges...moved complete assy...keeds saying install new cartridges.......help

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I wound up being the wire harness in the back of the machine, that connects the motors and sensor boards, not sure of the PN# as I had forgotten about this one, with all going on, we found the zip ties are too tight and caused problems in the harness.

Quote Originally Posted by antone View Post
    I have this problem....tryed every thing..toner cartridges...moved complete assy...keeds saying install new cartridges.......help

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Toner not recognized

I've seen this on a couple of occasions. It's been power issues. In both cases the eS2540 shared a circuit with a eS755. the 2540 is fine until somebody fires up the 755, then the small PWB on the toner cartridge is blown. If you take the board off another toner cartridge (of any color) it will resume working, until the circuit is overdrawn again (like trying to use the 755). In the first case I had an impressive (6) different outlets within reach. When I got the eS755 on a separate circuit it never happened again. In the second case all outlets were on the same single circuit. Sales sold them a bizhub PRESS 1052 (requiring a new separate 220vac circuit) and something else (now alone on the one remaining circuit). =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=