Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Toshiba ES 455 buckling paper

I have a ES 455 with an LCF that is buckling the paper about 5 cm from the leading edge. It only does it when pulling from the LCF and the buckle is pretty consistent along the page. Is there an adjustment or maybe an issue I'm not seeing I should be looking for?

"In a cruel and evil world, being cynical can allow you to get some entertainment out of it."

Senior Tech 250+ Posts vincent64's Avatar

Re: Toshiba ES 455 buckling paper

If you have not already changed the reg. clutch on the rear, try that, there is also a tech pub about some adjustments on buckle from the trays...

ok I'll take a look at the reg clutch....I'm more a Konica Minolta and Kyocera tech but we picked up a few Toshibas in a contract...I have the manuals and such and was searching thru them but they don't mention the LCF much in them so I'm guessing it has it's own manual....I don't have access to the tech pub but I might know someone who can help me with that hopefully....thanx for the info...

"In a cruel and evil world, being cynical can allow you to get some entertainment out of it."

MFP Engineer

For this problem I can say, try to downsize the drive-up time from the LCF.
    Start up with 0-5, choose code 457 and take steps of +/- 5 down from the original number.
    You can try this until the buckle shape is gone.
    Succes almost guaranteed !

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kidaver View Post
    I have a ES 455 with an LCF that is buckling the paper about 5 cm from the leading edge. It only does it when pulling from the LCF and the buckle is pretty consistent along the page. Is there an adjustment or maybe an issue I'm not seeing I should be looking for?
    Does the Unit Jam when the symptoms described are displayed?

Before adjusting or time consuming replacing - produce an Error List > 9+Start > Power On > 107 Start then > 103 will give a PM Report.
    If a Code E190 is evident (this indicates the Paper has not left the LCF), then clean/replace the Seperation Roller or replace the Roll Kit.

Quote Originally Posted by Kidaver View Post
    Ive done several Clutches on these machines there a common problem, I replace them on the pick up feed or rego rollers