Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Toshiba es720 toner feed problem

I've got an es720 that is running light from toner depletion. The toner low indication came on and customer kept running without adding toner. The copies started getting light so they changed the toner. The machine would not recover. I disassembled and cleaned the toner sensor and the sub hopper assembly (mostly so I could see how it works. Reassembled and tested. Machine still will not recover. Display say Toner Low and the bottle rotates but the New Toner auger never turns. Thought it might be a bad motor. Swapped another assembly in and same thing. Went into 03 service mode (should have done sooner, still new to Toshibas) and the new toner motor ran fine. Ran it some and cycled machine and the copies were better. Did a couple more times and the copies are toned up but the display still says Toner Low.

Any ideas on this problem? Thanks for any help on this problem

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: Toshiba es720 toner feed problem

Was about due for a PM, so I did the PM and it is running good now.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by irtek View Post
    Was about due for a PM, so I did the PM and it is running good now.
    Your previous POST I understand COMPLETELY - however this one will put right back in the same possie!

The problem is with the SENSOR WIPER in the Hopper!!! .....Over time the Rubber Wiper loses it's ability to clean the Sensor Surface efficiently therefore the Dev Unit gets the incorrect message that 'all is ok' and in turn will not add Toner - the Prints get lighter & eventually produce a 'Grainy feel' on the paper. Replace the Wiper Unit (about $5) ...but ensure the Rubber Wiper is still on the Shaft when you remove it - if not .... empty the Hopper Assy & vacout because it WILL block the Toner flow, replace the Developer & perform Developer Init. > 08-200.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Thanks for the reply. I will do what you recommend. Thanks.