Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Awesome Sauce 250+ Posts User Name's Avatar

e studio 232 E010

It's actually an Oce IM 2330 but they're the same machines as far as I'm aware. Anyway, the paper stops moving right before the fuser but keeps feeding from the registration roller and drum and bunches up in the trans/sep assembly. Seems like the fuser might not be turning? I had the fuser out and it spins freely so it's not bound-up. I ran out of time to keep messing with it and I don't know too much about this machine so any advice is appreciated. A service manual would be helpful too if anyone has one to trade.

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by User Name; 08-30-2013 at 03:49 PM.
    Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you.
    O.o

WARNING: My profile page can cause blindness in small children and old copier techs. View at your own risk.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: e studio 232 E010

Check the exit actuator, is easy to break...

exit_actuator.jpg

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by User Name View Post
    It's actually an Oce IM 2330 but they're the same machines as far as I'm aware. Anyway, the paper stops moving right before the fuser but keeps feeding from the registration roller and drum and bunches up in the trans/sep assembly. Seems like the fuser might not be turning? I had the fuser out and it spins freely so it's not bound-up. I ran out of time to keep messing with it and I don't know too much about this machine so any advice is appreciated. A service manual would be helpful too if anyone has one to trade.

Thanks in advance!
    Sounds like the Hot Roller Drive Gear broken - 6LA84182000

Quote Originally Posted by didi2005 View Post
    Check the exit actuator, is easy to break...

exit_actuator.jpg
    This could be the problem. Could you provide me with a part #? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by canonbundy View Post
    Sounds like the Hot Roller Drive Gear broken - 6LA84182000
    I can't remember exactly, but I think I was turning the fuser via that gear and it didn't seem broken but my memory isn't all that good anymore. I'll be sure to check it out when I go back to have another look at it. Thanks!
    O.o

WARNING: My profile page can cause blindness in small children and old copier techs. View at your own risk.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by User Name View Post

Thanks in advance!
    Remove the Registration Guide & look for paper or incorrect fitting of the guide (clips in/out just below Rego roller) 6LA85828000.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Exit actuator - 6LA82558000

Quote Originally Posted by canonbundy View Post
    Remove the Registration Guide & look for paper or incorrect fitting of the guide (clips in/out just below Rego roller) 6LA85828000.
    It seems to feed fine past the Registration Roller but I'll have a look at the guide when I go back to have another go on Monday just in case. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by didi2005 View Post
    Exit actuator - 6LA82558000
    Thank you!
    O.o

Well, I went back yesterday and the thing was working flawlessly. I checked everything in the paper path, fuser, and exit area. No broken gears or actuators and everything seemed like it should. Not sure why it wasn't working when I was there previously. It was a particularly humid day. Maybe it was too much for the machine to handle that day? Idk but it's working now. Thanks everyone for the help!
    O.o