Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    copydoclv

3510C - CA20 error

This machine originally came up with a CEC0 error.
    When I returned with the parts to repair the CEC0
    code the machine was showing a CA20 error. I know
    it is a yellow laser unit error. I have tried to run
    an internal test print page but the machine will
    error out. I can see that all the laser units are
    charging the imaging units but the Yellow one is not
    working. Any suggestions or do I need to replace
    the Yellow laser unit?

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    3510C - CA20 error

Lightbulb Re: 3510C - CA20 error

This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads

Paul@justmanuals.com

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: 3510C - CA20 error

Quote Originally Posted by copydoclv View Post
    This machine originally came up with a CEC0 error.
    When I returned with the parts to repair the CEC0
    code the machine was showing a CA20 error. I know
    it is a yellow laser unit error. I have tried to run
    an internal test print page but the machine will
    error out. I can see that all the laser units are
    charging the imaging units but the Yellow one is not
    working. Any suggestions or do I need to replace
    the Yellow laser unit?
    With the CEC0 Error - replacement of the One Way Clutch Gear 6LE29057000 will fix it.

CA20, not that commom, try removing Laser Unit and clean the Glasses both sides also the Polygon Mirror motor shaft & bushings and maybe a very light smear of RP7 on the shaft ends before reinstalling - pretty much a try before you buy - all the best .

[CA20] H-Sync detection error
    1) Check if the conductor pattern on the LGC board is short circuited or open circuited.2) Check if the units with high-voltage (developer unit, transfer belt unit, 2nd transfer rollerunit) are securely grounded.3) Check if the bias supply joints of the units with high-voltage are securely connected or theyare not stained.4) Check if the plate in the paper transport system is securely grounded.5) Check if the equipment is grounded.6) Check if the laser unit cooling fan is stopped.7) Check if the suction area of the laser unit cooling fan is plugged up.8) Replace the laser optical unit.9) Replace the LGC board.Is the harness between the LGC board (CN356) and the LDR board open circuited, broken ordisconnected?Are the relay connectors (J504 and J505) disconnected or almost disconnected? (Are theylocked with the latches?)Is the harness between the LGC board (CN355) and the SNS board open circuited, broken ordisconnected?Are the relay connectors (J502 and J503) disconnected or almost disconnected? (Are theylocked with the latches?)|||
    ��
    YES
    �� 1) Reconnect the harness.2) Replace the laser optical unit.3) Replace the LGC board.NO1) Check if the conductor pattern on the LGC board is short circuited or open circuited.2) Check if the units with high-voltage (developer unit, transfer belt unit, 2nd transfer rollerunit) are securely grounded.3) Check if the bias supply joints of the units with high-voltage are securely connected or theyare not stained.4) Check if the plate in the paper transport system is securely grounded.5) Check if the equipment is grounded.6) Check if the laser unit cooling fan is stopped.7) Check if the suction area of the laser unit cooling fan is plugged up.8) Replace the laser optical unit.
    9) Replace the LGC board.
    Last edited by canonbundy; 09-05-2013 at 12:57 PM. Reason: OOPs forgot to include.