Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Question toshiba estudio 161 developer trouble

hello
    I replaced developer on toshiba estudio 161 with a new genuine developer resets the developer counter
    the machine worked perfectly for about a 1 month 6000 copies then it start to waste the developer
    the developer was falling from magnetic roller and the developer remaining on the machine less than 1/3 of it
    any one know how may have happen this or how to fix it

I don`t know if there is a simulation code for developer material when is replaced I have checked the manual and did not find any thing else
    except reset counters procedure

Thank You

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: toshiba estudio 161 developer trouble

You are right there is no ATS adj. - just clear the developer counter. Concerning problem. Check the side sheets on the front and rear side - developer unit. If they are worn out drum has no ground and pulls up the developer. Also check drum on corresponding arias - You might have the change drum, too. Generally drum and developer are changed together.

BR

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ivovb View Post
    You are right there is no ATS adj. - just clear the developer counter. Concerning problem. Check the side sheets on the front and rear side - developer unit. If they are worn out drum has no ground and pulls up the developer. Also check drum on corresponding arias - You might have the change drum, too. Generally drum and developer are changed together.

BR
    Thanks for the reply
    I have all ready checked them seems to be OK the drum is practically new I changed it 1 month ago it have done 6000 or 7000 copies
    I found one other part that seemed not to work correctly the high voltage board when I checked the output developing bias voltage
    the output -330v instead of -400 I`m not sure but I think this may have caused the problem, any way a second opinion would help.
    Thank you

Technician

You rotate the magnetic roller in anti-clock wise direction., you see what happened on the toner., the toner is came over on the yellow tape., that tape consists top on the magnetic roller., using one cello tape you make the gape between the mag roller and that yellow tape.,

Tip:Toshiba E-161 is sharp machine.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Like jegadeesh said, the thin elastic band on top of the mag roller could be bent and the developer reaches there. Had this issue before. This machine has no developer intialization program. After you change it, you just reset the counter. And btw, like my coleague above said, this machine is basically a sharp ar5316.