Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Toshiba estudio 810 won't power on

Machine starts to power on and as soon as the lamp for the scanner lights it flips the power switch. In service mode I can turn lamp on and move scanner back and forth, no problem. Fuser is not even the slightest bit warm. I can run all fuser motors but could not find a number to turn heating element on. I am suspecting its the element or the board in front of the fuser.

All comments welcome, funny, sarcastic, or helpful.

Technician

Re: Toshiba estudio 810 won't power on

Check the pressure roller thermostat in the fuser they may have released their contact due to high heat in testing.

Vulcan Inventor of Death 1,000+ Posts Mr Spock's Avatar

go through the fuser with a fine tooth comb. thermistors, thermostats and ih control pwb.
    And Star Trek was just a tv show...yeah right!

Just needed fuser reset, code 08-400 should equal 0 and it was 1. Funny the machine would not power up to give me the error code that would lead me to fuser problem.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Toshiba estudio 810 won't power on

Lightbulb Re: Toshiba estudio 810 won't power on

This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads

Paul@justmanuals.com

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jaws View Post
    Machine starts to power on and as soon as the lamp for the scanner lights it flips the power switch. In service mode I can turn lamp on and move scanner back and forth, no problem. Fuser is not even the slightest bit warm. I can run all fuser motors but could not find a number to turn heating element on. I am suspecting its the element or the board in front of the fuser.

All comments welcome, funny, sarcastic, or helpful.
    [C411/C412] Thermistor/heater abnormality at power-ON
    1.Check the power voltage(1) Check if the power voltage is normal.(Is the voltage during the operation ±10% of the rated voltage?)2.Check the thermistors(1) Check if the connectors are disconnected.(2) Check if the center and side thermistors (front, rear) are in contact with the surface of the fuserroller properly?(3) Check if the harnesses of the center and side thermistors (front, rear) are open circuited.3. Check the heater(1) Check if the IH coil is broken.(2) Check if the connector of the IH coil is disconnected.(3) Check if the thermostat is blown.(4) Check if the connectors on the IH control board are disconnected (AC input connector and LGCI/F connectors CN455).(5) Check if the IH control board is abnormal.• Replace the IH control board.4. Check the LGC board(1) Check if the connectors CN332,CN334 are disconnected.(2) Check if the conductor pattern on the LGC board is short circuited or open circuited.(3) Replace the LGC board.5. Clear the status counterAfter repairing the matter which caused the error [C411/C412], perform the following1) Turn ON the power while [0] and [8] are pressed simultaneously.(2) Key in "400", then press [START].(3) Change the current status counter value "1" or "2" to "0", then press [ENTER] or [INTERRUPT](to cancel [C411/C412]).
    (4) Turn the power OFF and then back ON. Make sure that the equipment enters the normal ready