Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Toshiba 556 radf double sided copy jams

Ive run in to a real headache with a RADF problem. Feeds fine single sided but when you use the duplex copy after it goes to turn around the paper to scan the second side it jams at the gate i removed the rear cover to make sure the solenoid is working and it is. The gate dont seem to be broken either but the paper seems to stop right at the reverse exit gate anyone run into this before could sure use some insight or direction on this

Service Technician

Re: Toshiba 556 radf double sided copy jams

Hi there.

I know you mentioned the solenoid, how did you test it was working? By just observing it in action or did you do an 03 test? Is the spring still located in the correct position? Has the spring lost any of its flex? Make sure the solenoid is in the correct position being sure to align the edge of the bracket with the markoff line of the frame.

Also make sure that on the front side of the radf, under the original tray, coming in contact with the exit flap is a little metal plate. It can sometimes get deformed and apply too much/too little pressure and can cause paper to run into the gate when duplexing due to this.

Thanks!

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aethanite View Post
    Hi there.

I know you mentioned the solenoid, how did you test it was working? By just observing it in action or did you do an 03 test? Is the spring still located in the correct position? Has the spring lost any of its flex? Make sure the solenoid is in the correct position being sure to align the edge of the bracket with the markoff line of the frame.

Also make sure that on the front side of the radf, under the original tray, coming in contact with the exit flap is a little metal plate. It can sometimes get deformed and apply too much/too little pressure and can cause paper to run into the gate when duplexing due to this.

Thanks!
    Ill check thats thanks for the help

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by simonsays View Post
    Ive run in to a real headache with a RADF problem. Feeds fine single sided but when you use the duplex copy after it goes to turn around the paper to scan the second side it jams at the gate i removed the rear cover to make sure the solenoid is working and it is. The gate dont seem to be broken either but the paper seems to stop right at the reverse exit gate anyone run into this before could sure use some insight or direction on this
    Check this return spring(item 20). I have seen this get weak and/or deformed.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Coachman View Post
    I did notice this spring it looked ok but how would you no if if was weak

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by simonsays View Post
    I did notice this spring it looked ok but how would you no if if was weak
    When you pull that gate you see if it snaps back to it's original position quickly and all the way.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

When you pull that gate you see if it snaps back to it's original position quickly and all the way.
    ok i will check it out and let you no

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

yes it was the spring thanks so much

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Yes mr coachman you got it right i used a piece of tape temporarally to give more presure worked like a charm now i have to get one ordered thats nothing you would have would it i hate putting in a emergency order for a 30 cent part. if so im a full line dealer i could get you or trade you any trhing you needed

Service Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Aethanite View Post
    Is the spring still located in the correct position? Has the spring lost any of its flex? Make sure the solenoid is in the correct position being sure to align the edge of the bracket with the markoff line of the frame.
    I may not have worded myself correctly sorry