Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Question Toshiba 310c image problems

When printing or copying, I get dull lines in areas where there are solids. Can't see them if print is small coverage. I have changed cleaning blades and chargers shows up mostly in cyan and yellow areas. Any ideas on how to correct?
    Last edited by mpact; 02-27-2008 at 07:52 PM. Reason: typo's

Mpact we have see this many times and found that there are obstructions between the doc blade and the mag roller in the developer sections
    hope this helps!!!!!

Wez
    Now i'll preceed all this with an assumption:
    It is reduced toner levels in bands parrallel to the travel of the paper.

You replaced the chargers, Does that include new wire and new grids? Both of those will help remove uneveness in the print output.

Gardner is spot on with the diagnosis I believe. The mag roller is the issue. Easiest way to check this is to remove the dev unit, place on a flat surface and rotate the rear cogs whilst watching the mag roller. You will probably see areas with less toner adhesion. Now there are different problems and solutions:
    Contamination in the Toner: You could have other material in the toner/dev itself which is stopping the mag rollers receiving toner correctly. Sol: open dev unit and look at toner. You may need to shake out the dev and see if there are any obvious contaminants (bits of plastic etc etc). This will cause what Gardner said which is obstruction between the doctor blade and mag roller.

Damage Doctor Blade: If the Doctor blade is bent or physically damaged, or even placed unevenly in the unit this will cause eveness in the toner levels or complete gaps. Sol: Poor out Dev, Remove Doctor Blade, Check, Reseat with Fealer Guages (sp?). I can't recall the exact distance of the top of my head.

Low Developer: Not enough developer is getting onto the Mag roller. More than likely this will cause large areas of reduced toner adhesion. Sol: Replace Dev

Old/Faulty Mag Roller: I couldn't tell you what this would look like or cause but its just a possibility though very slim. If there are physical Damage to the mag roller then you will need to replace the roller. Light damage will cause little damage to the output of the printer but any heavy damage will cause low toner permanately in a band.

Dirty Mag Roller: The Mag rollers used enough times will eventually build up a layer of toner on its surface (possibly in areas) that reduces the developers ability to adhere: Sol: Tip the Dev unit backwards so you can see the mag roller, crank the units until most of the dev is removed from the mag roller, Rub the mag roller surface with a fiberless cloth to remove any ronber buildup.

In grand summary of effort for outcome:
    Clean Mag Rollers: Tip backwards, Crank and scrub surface
    Examine Dev/Toner For contaminants (poor out dev if you have to - somewhere clean and reusable)
    Examine Doctor Blade
    Remove, Clean, Reseat Doctor Blade
    Replace any part that needs it.

What you are after is the dev unti when cranked when viewed from directly above to show a consistent amount of Developer across the entire Mag Roll Surface while it turns without any 'light' areas

Service Manager 250+ Posts just a tech's Avatar
    have to agree with WEZ and Gardner.. most of the time i've found something in the dv assembly getting stuck at the doctor blade.. once i fought it a couple of times on one copier before a fellow tech helped me to find out that it was the damn toner that was contaminated with rocky little clumps causing my problems (thanks nate).. anyways, replaced toner, cleaned dv unit thoroughly, and replaced developer.. all was fine.. good luck