Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: e207 fine lines

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

e207 fine lines

I have a toshiba e207 giving me fine line all down the page and each copy is not consistant with the lines i have added a pic of what the lines look like this is copied on A4-r paper. any ideas its not optics, drum, blade or fuser
    thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by drolfe@webmail.co.za; 10-03-2013 at 03:16 PM.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: e207 fine lines

Hi. In your attachement, everything seems fine. This copier does not have optics. It usesc a CIS system to scan the original. What have you done so far to solve this? The lines are solid white or black? How many copies does the machine have? In my experience, fine white lines are made by the developer station. One end of the magnetic roller gets worn out and the belt that drives the magnetic roller skips theeth on the gear that's on the magnetic roller. I hope you get what i mean. When you copy or print, doesn't the machine make a strange noise coming from the back of the imaging unit?

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Hi thanks for the quick reply , sorry i attached the wrong image the correct one should be on now. I have replace the whole drum and dev unit with another machine it went away for a while then the client has called back saying it is doing the same. The machine has only got about 16000 copies on it

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Do the half test. make a copy then stop the copier when the paper reaches or barelly passes the drum. See if the lines apear on the drum. Clean the contacts on the back of the imaging unit and their counterparts inside the machine. Give the transfer/separation unit a good clean also. It this doesn;t work, you can think of replacing the HVPS.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

i did do the half test and it is on the drum, its a wierd problem as sometimes theres only one or two lines on it. when i left the client yesterday i thought it was all cleared up as it made perfect copies but the murphys law an hour later they called to say the same thing. wil replace the hvps today. Thanks