Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Norton 360 Firewall blocking SMB scans from eBX MFP

When configuring Top Access to scan to a folder on a local PC, the copiers attempts to process the file for a long time and eventually fails. When I disable Norton 360's firewall the scan immediately succeeds in reaching its target folder. Enable Norton 360 firewall and it fails. Disable Norton 360 firewall and it succeeds.

Is anyone able to advise how I should configure Norton 360 so that scans will pass through its firewall?

I am advised by a local IT tech that to leave Norton firewall disabled and rely upon only Windows firewall.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: Norton 360 Firewall blocking SMB scans from eBX MFP

Poke around, I think 360 you add "friendly" network IP addresses

Hello,

Please go to the Network Security Map in the settings of Norton 360 and make sure that your printer is added as a device and set as Full Trust. Check if you can scan/print. If the problem persists, you may have to add a firewall rule to allow the printing/scanning device in Norton 360. Let me know how it goes.

Thanks!
    Harry

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SalesServiceGuy View Post
    When configuring Top Access to scan to a folder on a local PC, the copiers attempts to process the file for a long time and eventually fails. When I disable Norton 360's firewall the scan immediately succeeds in reaching its target folder. Enable Norton 360 firewall and it fails. Disable Norton 360 firewall and it succeeds.

Is anyone able to advise how I should configure Norton 360 so that scans will pass through its firewall?

I am advised by a local IT tech that to leave Norton firewall disabled and rely upon only Windows firewall.
    You'll find Nortons 360 should ping the network about every 15min or so. Your scan to folder PC will be found and updated on the network. This should allow it to Simple Message Broadcast (SMB). You can force an IP address in the settings of 360 as private network IP address. I have'nt used Norton 360 for a long time so I'm not 100% sure where the settings are located again...
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••