steinson

Scan to File / Domain issues

Model: Toshiba e-studios S282/283Series
    IP Address: 192.168.1.200
    Gateway: 192.168.1.123

Server: Windows Small Business Server 2008
    Server IP Adress: 192.168.1.123
    Location of shared folder: \\192.168.1.123\redirectedfolders\Scanned

We recently switched copiers from our local vendor to the model above. With our previous Toshiba (not sure which model), we were able to Scan to File to a folder located on our domain server for everyone to access.

I am having a difficult time connecting our current Toshiba scanner to our server. I am always receiving the error "File Storage Error" with error code 2D62 (Check Destination path, Failed to connect to network destination).

I have tried almost every combination in the settings that I could think of. I tried SMB, NetIP, FTP, etc. I tried using \\192.168.1.123\...\Scanned\ and also \\Servername\...\Scanned\. I tried removing the backslash after Scanned.

I tried the user name and password of the admin, both as "domain\administrator" and "administrator".

I tried almost everything! I can't get this device to sync with our server. Is it not compatible with domains? I was able to get an older Toshiba model that we had before to sync with our domain, but I can't remember the settings.

Any suggestions?

Vulcan Inventor of Death 1,000+ Posts Mr Spock's Avatar

Re: Scan to File / Domain issues

first go to a computer click start run and input \\192.168.1.123\redirectedfolders\Scanned then hit enter. See If this opens the folder
    If this works then check the folders permissions and security and see if the username setup on Toshiba has access rights (read/write/modify at minimum)
    If this has been done then check mac and ip address and add as an authorized device on the network.

If it did not work (step one) then navigate to the folder and see what the exact path is and enter that into the Toshiba.
    Also make sure the machine has the most up to date firmware.
    And Star Trek was just a tv show...yeah right!

steinson

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Spock View Post
    first go to a computer click start run and input \\192.168.1.123\redirectedfolders\Scanned then hit enter. See If this opens the folder
    If this works then check the folders permissions and security and see if the username setup on Toshiba has access rights (read/write/modify at minimum)
    If this has been done then check mac and ip address and add as an authorized device on the network.

If it did not work (step one) then navigate to the folder and see what the exact path is and enter that into the Toshiba.
    Also make sure the machine has the most up to date firmware.
    Tried all of these, no go :/

I even activated the local administrator account on our server and tried using those login credentials but still get the same error.

However, when I direct it to a local user computer and use the local credentials, it works. It just won't sync with the server.

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts

You might want to call a tech, there was a firmware update that adds the (server 2008) required signature to allow the MFP to scan back. You can verify this by going into your security policies and turning OFF (not undefined) for the 2 entries dealing with SMB signed digital signatures. This may be against your security policy, which I would understand, but since you can scan back to a desktop, you have eliminated any problems with the MFP (needing a firmware update is not a "problem"). You can also google "digitally signed signatures" to show you how this is done. Emujo
    If you don't see your question answered in the forum, please don't think it's OK to PM me for a personal reply...I do not give out firmware and/or manuals.

steinson

Quote Originally Posted by emujo View Post
    You might want to call a tech, there was a firmware update that adds the (server 2008) required signature to allow the MFP to scan back. You can verify this by going into your security policies and turning OFF (not undefined) for the 2 entries dealing with SMB signed digital signatures. This may be against your security policy, which I would understand, but since you can scan back to a desktop, you have eliminated any problems with the MFP (needing a firmware update is not a "problem"). You can also google "digitally signed signatures" to show you how this is done. Emujo
    Thanks. My vendor is coming out on Wednesday to update the firmware. He thinks it's not an outdated firmware issue but we'll give it a try. I rather not change my security policies if a potential firmware update can fix the problem.

I got it working on the Toshiba model we had previously. I'm thinking that model had an updated firmware. So much time wasted on this already!

steinson

Still working on getting new firmware.

In the SMB settings page, should I enter in my domain information? Or leave it as workgroup?