Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts oeshuron's Avatar

Toshiba E-Studio 163 - Light/Fuzzy

Internal grid print is ok. When making copy of grid print the top 1/3 portion of lines come out fuzzy/light. They are the lightest/fuzziest at the top and appear to get better as you go down. Any ideas? I have reset scanner defaults, ran scanner auto peak adjustment, changed sharpness setting from 3 to 2 to 4 and back to 3 with no apparent difference. Are thinking it is the CIS unit causing problems but wanted to ask here first.

-oes

Field Tech 500+ Posts
    Toshiba E-Studio 163 - Light/Fuzzy

Re: Toshiba E-Studio 163 - Light/Fuzzy

Have you cleaned the optics and checked the scanner/ccd is moving and not juddering when it is moving? If you clean optics with poor cleaning products can give wonderful faults to.
    It didn't say that I couldn't do it in the manual.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts oeshuron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by michaelc View Post
    Have you cleaned the optics and checked the scanner/ccd is moving and not juddering when it is moving? If you clean optics with poor cleaning products can give wonderful faults to.
    Yes, optics have been cleaned. The faint area of the copied page is perpendicular to the optics, so don't think jiddering is the issue as it would be parallel on the copied page as well. Basically the rear frame end of the optics/cis unit. Seem as though the perpendicular lines are fainter as well.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

I have many e163 in the field. Not one of them ever had a problem with the cis unit not functioning properly. How many copies does the machine have? On every single copy made from the glass the result is the same? I have heard of a case where the top frame of the copier, the one that holds the glass , was bent somehow that the between the top of the cis unit and the glass was a good amount of distance and the result was something similar to yours. But that's a long shot. Although, i've had cases where i made a print and it was ok. And when i started to make copies from the glass, the copies came somehow a little faded. Cause : not enough developer on one end of the magnetic roller after a few rotations.