Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Scan to email

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Scan to email

Hello

I have been setting up my customers with scan to email with very few problems. Today I have run into two machines that after setting them up the machine fails to send email. When I look at the scan log there is no scans in history.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you

william696

Question Re: Scan to email

Have you entered a name and an email address for the machine? it won't process without it. How about smtp client and DNS session? I know I sometimes forget to properly save the info because there are two steps to saving the info.

Re: Scan to email

Quote Originally Posted by william696 View Post
    Have you entered a name and an email address for the machine? it won't process without it. How about smtp client and DNS session? I know I sometimes forget to properly save the info because there are two steps to saving the info.
    Sorry to budge in but I too experience the same problem. May I ask can we use one of existing email account to set up for username and password in the setting of SMTP client?

Technician
    Scan to email

Re: Scan to email

you can use the simplified method of just using the internet clients outgoing mail server address and inputting this in smtp client and server. works 99% of the time as long as its not being flagged as spam as port is usually at 25.