Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

ES 2830c E061 and E062 codes from 2 upper trays

hello all. been a while since i have been on. having issues though with a 2830c , E061 and E062 codes from the 2 upper trays(size settings are correct). this machine has the two cassettes and a KD unit. it seems to run fine from the KD unit and from bypass(at least it did when i ran it, but it also intermittently will run ok from the upper trays too.). the sensors seem ok in 03 mode and clutches run also. i am considering possibly the reg sensor or actuator , or 1st tray feed sensor/actuator(next sensor down from registration). or possibly one of the 1st/ 2nd tray high speed or low speed transport clutches. just wondering if anyone has dealt with this type of thing or has any input. finding all these clutches is a bit of a chore in ribbon also. thanks for any help?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: ES 2830c E061 and E062 codes from 2 upper trays

Quote Originally Posted by razzer View Post
    hello all. been a while since i have been on. having issues though with a 2830c , E061 and E062 codes from the 2 upper trays(size settings are correct). this machine has the two cassettes and a KD unit. it seems to run fine from the KD unit and from bypass(at least it did when i ran it, but it also intermittently will run ok from the upper trays too.). the sensors seem ok in 03 mode and clutches run also. i am considering possibly the reg sensor or actuator , or 1st tray feed sensor/actuator(next sensor down from registration). or possibly one of the 1st/ 2nd tray high speed or low speed transport clutches. just wondering if anyone has dealt with this type of thing or has any input. finding all these clutches is a bit of a chore in ribbon also. thanks for any help?

Seems like you know a bit about Toshys.
    E061 is incorrect paper size Cassette 1 & E062 is incorrect paper size Cassette 2, does the Cassette size/orientation match the Tray Display?

I wouldn't think Clutches were involved in this situation, if the issue is intermittent maybe check for paper dust etc in Feed assy's Sensors - these Units can be swapped with any Feed assy going back to the ES350 Models.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    ES 2830c E061 and E062 codes from 2 upper trays

Quote Originally Posted by razzer View Post
    Does this machine have a finisher? If it does I would look at the bridge sensors and actuators.

Technician

thanks for replies. anyway i cleaned out all inside the guides and plates on the feed side and replaced the reg sensor , upper and lower drawer feed sensors(these are more like transport sensors to me , but thats what they call em), and it seems to have taken care of it.