Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

e 2100c booklet finisher door:

E Studio 2100c booklet finisher throws message "close finisher door" when hooked up to machine.
    When I open the Top door or the upper front door cover the message changes indicating the micro switches are probably working ok.
    However, when I open the lower front door or the bottom exit door on the left side, there's No change or reaction on control panel screen.
    I took off the plastic covers to get access and inspected the door switches. The door sensors were clipped into their correct position and clicked when pushed in and out.
    The door switch fingers seemed to be fully contacting the switches when the doors are closed.
    Is there anything else I can try like going into the service mode and re-set something?
    Thank you,
    Dana

Service Technician

Re: e 2100c booklet finisher door:

Well, seeing as a couple of weeks ago you posted about buying this machine for $300, was strongly suggested you leave it alone and have now asked several times on this forum about fixes to various problems its having? This is why the machine was $300.

I am not prepared to fault find or offer suggestions about to what to do with your finisher with this problem due to the fact you were warned, did not take heed of the warning and now your facing exactly what we were saying. So, I can't speak for the other tech's on this forum, but somehow i have a feeling they are thinking the same thing as what I'm thinking right about now.

Sorry if this seems harsh but, i'll underline this in case you missed it, You were warned about buying this machine.​ The old saying in life, if it looks too good to be true, IT FUCKING IS!

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Re: e 2100c booklet finisher door:

Yea,
    I figured as much from the deafening silence to my request for assistance.
    This community has always been incredibly helpful in the past and gotten me out of many issues.
    In the motorcycle club I'm in I have for warned folks about purchasing inferior machines only to have them go ahead and buy anyway. Still, after the fact, I was willing to point them in a direction to get out of a jam till the next failure and not just let them flail.
    So now I'm for warned on this mistake but I hope I'm not banned for life on other machines I have.
    For now I'll look elsewhere for assistance on a booklet finisher issue separate from the box you warned me about.

Quote Originally Posted by Aethanite View Post
    Well, seeing as a couple of weeks ago you posted about buying this machine for $300, was strongly suggested you leave it alone and have now asked several times on this forum about fixes to various problems its having? This is why the machine was $300.

I am not prepared to fault find or offer suggestions about to what to do with your finisher with this problem due to the fact you were warned, did not take heed of the warning and now your facing exactly what we were saying. So, I can't speak for the other tech's on this forum, but somehow i have a feeling they are thinking the same thing as what I'm thinking right about now.

Sorry if this seems harsh but, i'll underline this in case you missed it, You were warned about buying this machine.​ The old saying in life, if it looks too good to be true, IT FUCKING IS!