Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

E-studio 6520c/6530c (CS-750c)

Recently a Kyoshiba of ours came down with a C471 error. After reading around on here that it could be many different things (fuser belt, thermostats, thermopiles, thermistors, IH board fuse, IH board, duplex interlock switch, Pwr sply, etc.) I decided the easiest way to figure out if it was in the machine, or the fuser itself was to swap the fuser unit into another machine. The problem followed.

The belt was pretty torn up, so I replaced it, the pink gummy roller it sits on, and the thermistor that sits on the belt (THMS-HTR-430). I haven't replaced THMS-PRS-430 yet, because the one in our parts bin somehow had one of the thermistors attached to it snap. Also the thermostats both tested fine, but I'm thinking of replacing them anyway. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I thank you.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts Bicyclerepairman's Avatar

Re: E-studio 6520c/6530c (CS-750c)

does the IH coil & press roller lamps check out?

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bicyclerepairman View Post
    does the IH coil & press roller lamps check out?
    Well the IH anything wouldn't make much sense, because I took the fuser and put it in a new machine. The problem followed. I hadn't tested the bulbs until reading this post, because nothing else I had read lead me to believe that they could be the problem. After reading this, I tested them with my volt meter, and I'm sad to report that they are fine. I thank you for your reply. Anyone else have anything for me?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

[C471] IH board initialization abnormality[C472] Power supply abnormality[C473] Surge pressure detection / power and voltage upper limit abnormality[C474] Power and voltage lower limit abnormality
    1. Check the power voltage(1) Check if the power voltage is normal.(Is the voltage during the operation ?10% of the ratedvoltage?)2. Check the thermostat(1) Check if the thermostat is blown.3. Check the IH board(1) Check if the connectors of the power supply unit are disconnected (power supply unit AC outputconnector and LGC I/F connector CN404).(2) Check if the fuse on the IH board has blown.(3) Replace the IH board.4. Check the LGC board(1) Check if the connectors CN305/CN306 are disconnected.(2) Check if the conductor pattern on the board is short circuited or open circuited.(3) Replace the LGC board.5. Clear the status counter
    Change the current status counter value (in 08-400 mode) "1" or "2" to "0", then press [ENTER] or [INTERRUPT].