Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    e4540c Slow Printing

e4540c Slow Printing

I have a e4540c with latest firmware. The copier will print 4-5 pages and then display "please wait". After a few minutes, it will print another few pages and then display "please wait". It will do this several times before it completes the print job. There are no error codes, no fuser codes.

Any ideas?

e4540c Slow Printing

Re: e4540c Slow Printing

Problem solved. It was a couple of dirty thermopyles not allowing the copier to properly conduct electricity.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    e4540c Slow Printing

Quote Originally Posted by SalesServiceGuy View Post
    Problem solved. It was a couple of dirty thermopyles not allowing the copier to properly conduct electricity.
    Just to clarify this statement the thermopiles are INFRARED sensors that read the temperature of the fuser belt. I have seen this problem occur especially on machines that are running a little "rich" and the thermopiles get clouded by toner dusting causing them to have trouble getting a temp reading.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SalesServiceGuy View Post
    I have a e4540c with latest firmware. The copier will print 4-5 pages and then display "please wait". After a few minutes, it will print another few pages and then display "please wait". It will do this several times before it completes the print job. There are no error codes, no fuser codes.

Any ideas?
    probally need pm seem like it keep calabrating but they just changed firmware to mento root might be you r problem we have the newest firm ware if needed email stockman123@hushmail

e4540c Slow Printing

The problem recently reoccurred on a different copier. I could not remember the solution until I checked Copytechnet. Sure enough, two sensors looking up from under the transfer belt were clouded with toner dust. A quick clean and the copier was back in business. This fix is specific to the e3540c/e4540c as the fuser is different from the slower speed e2540c.