Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Technician
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    20
    Rep Power
    11

    6550c - ADI HDD to Normal SATA HDD?

    Hi everyone,

    Is their any other possible procedure that's not listed in the bulletins/service manual for putting a normal type SATA HDD drive in this machine? The correct procedure could not be followed as the last owner took the ADI HDD with them.

    Is the only option to get a new ADI HDD??? Surely their must be some work around for this..


    Thanks in advance

    Jay


  2. #2
    Technician
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    20
    Rep Power
    11

    Re: 6550c - ADI HDD to Normal SATA HDD?

    Got it rectified by wiping SRAM.

    Jay


  3. #3
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Salisbury, MD
    Posts
    127
    Rep Power
    15

    Re: 6550c - ADI HDD to Normal SATA HDD?

    Could you tell me the steps you used to wipe the sram. I am trying to get an es4540c to work with a sata hdd


  4. #4
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    6550c - ADI HDD to Normal SATA HDD?


    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Posts
    549
    Rep Power
    21

    Re: 6550c - ADI HDD to Normal SATA HDD?

    Quote Originally Posted by JVC View Post
    Could you tell me the steps you used to wipe the sram. I am trying to get an es4540c to work with a sata hdd
    I know this was awhile back but did you get this to work ?


  5. #5
    Technician
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    20
    Rep Power
    11

    Re: 6550c - ADI HDD to Normal SATA HDD?

    Quote Originally Posted by Doug James View Post
    I know this was awhile back but did you get this to work ?
    Its very easy to do but I forget he exact procedure we have only done it once. You will have to use multiple service menu modes. There will be some playing around to do it in the right order. There is also two ways to delete the sram. I could be getting confused since it's been a while but you will need to erase from and srom and carry over. If it's not urgent I can let you know the procedure once I'm back in the workshop, I'm on holidays.

    jay


  6. #6
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    6550c - ADI HDD to Normal SATA HDD?


    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Posts
    549
    Rep Power
    21

    Re: 6550c - ADI HDD to Normal SATA HDD?

    Quote Originally Posted by jayschrodter View Post
    Its very easy to do but I forget he exact procedure we have only done it once. You will have to use multiple service menu modes. There will be some playing around to do it in the right order. There is also two ways to delete the sram. I could be getting confused since it's been a while but you will need to erase from and srom and carry over. If it's not urgent I can let you know the procedure once I'm back in the workshop, I'm on holidays.

    jay
    Thanks, Yes, That would be a HUGE help... Enjoy your Holiday !!!


  7. #7
    Technician
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    colombo
    Posts
    43
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: 6550c - ADI HDD to Normal SATA HDD?

    Quote Originally Posted by jayschrodter View Post
    Got it rectified by wiping SRAM.

    Jay

    Can you let us know procedure

    Thank You


  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: 6550c - ADI HDD to Normal SATA HDD?

    Is there anyone who can help with this?
    Is there anyone who can help with this?


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-=-=-=-=-=-


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here