Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Netwurked

Need firmware for a variety of Toshiba machines.

As the title says I will be needing the firmware for about 5-10 different Toshiba models. We are sanitizing the HDD's and need to reload the firmware after doing such. Everyone is always looking to make some cash, we are not going to pay so you can go ahead and not even post such replies.

I can only provide Ricoh firmware/support in return if needed in the future.

If you can help please let me know, thanks in advance!

-Netty

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts Eric1968's Avatar

Re: Need firmware for a variety of Toshiba machines.

You're not going to make friends here with these kind of posts...

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts

I'm sure, like most dealers, you are going to charge your customer for the service, yet you want the tools to do the job for free...here's my recommendation, have one of your techs go to a Toshiba school, get certified on a product, then he/she can have free access to all the Toshiba firmware files. Now you don't have to post a ludicrous statement telling all of us what you demand, and what you are willing to pay/not pay for. Or, maybe you can do it another way...help someone a few times, get your name known as an asset then ask for what you need based on what you've given back to the forum 1st. Emujo
    If you don't see your question answered in the forum, please don't think it's OK to PM me for a personal reply...I do not give out firmware and/or manuals.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by emujo View Post
    I'm sure, like most dealers, you are going to charge your customer for the service, yet you want the tools to do the job for free...here's my recommendation, have one of your techs go to a Toshiba school, get certified on a product, then he/she can have free access to all the Toshiba firmware files. Now you don't have to post a ludicrous statement telling all of us what you demand, and what you are willing to pay/not pay for. Or, maybe you can do it another way...help someone a few times, get your name known as an asset then ask for what you need based on what you've given back to the forum 1st. Emujo
    That's not how it works with Toshiba they are very strict to who has access to the info when your trained on one machine that's all they will help you with is what your trained on. But good luck with getting free firmware

It's been awhile since I needed anything from the Toshiba site, but from what I remember once you were trained on any Toshiba, you had access to all the models your dealership had sold...Tech Support was another issue though, I believe you had to be trained on the model to get live assistance. Emujo
    If you don't see your question answered in the forum, please don't think it's OK to PM me for a personal reply...I do not give out firmware and/or manuals.

AutoMajical Resolutionist 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Netwurked View Post
    As the title says I will be needing the firmware for about 5-10 different Toshiba models. We are sanitizing the HDD's and need to reload the firmware after doing such. Everyone is always looking to make some cash, we are not going to pay so you can go ahead and not even post such replies.

I can only provide Ricoh firmware/support in return if needed in the future.

If you can help please let me know, thanks in advance!

-Netty
    Well another newbie wanting free frimwar, and with attitude......alienating the consortium right out of the gate wins you no favor!!!!!!!!!

Paul is the guy, you should contact him, he is reasonable if you are.............

BTW the Ricoh support here is pretty well covered...................doesn't mean you don't bring some new light, but there are a lot of Ricoh folks here...................
    Mystic Crystal Revelations

Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tonerbomb View Post
    Well another newbie wanting free frimwar, and with attitude......alienating the consortium right out of the gate wins you no favor!!!!!!!!!

Paul is the guy, you should contact him, he is reasonable if you are.............

BTW the Ricoh support here is pretty well covered...................doesn't mean you don't bring some new light, but there are a lot of Ricoh folks here...................
    Hardly a newbie - join date 1/2009 - but with only four posts, not much of a contributor.
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --

Netwurked

I am not a customer, I am a technician looking for help from fellow technicians which this forum is all about correct? I shouldn't have to pay for simple firmware, I am experienced and will need no guidance once I obtain the firmware. I am more than willing to help others but as was stated previously there is an abundance of Ricoh techs here so my support will be limited.

I fully understand what Paul does and I have no problem with it, I just prefer not to pay someone for what I think is a tech helping out another tech.

If my PM's are to go with no success then I will be contacting Paul as a last resort.

Thanks for the replies!

-Netty

Netty, got to give you kudos for not becoming the typical whiner..."waa, waa, waa, I'm a tech and you guys should give me everything I want for free, F*** you jerks who won't, I'm never coming back to this site again...and so on. Still, firmware and pubs are proprietary info from the manufactures, and anyone who gives you this info runs the risk of getting canned for it. Paul offers a service, and I've never heard anyone complain that they didn't get what they paid for, although I'm not quite sure how he gets away with it. I also belong to a few auto forums, and many techs have sent me info on how to fix something, but I've yet to receive an alternator or a starter from anybody for free yet. Emujo

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts Eric1968's Avatar

With 5 posts and a join date of January 2009, everyone (including me) will think that once you receive this firmware from anyone we won't be seeing you again. A lot of "members" start their first few posts with "I need...", "Please send in my email...", and "I want...". If you help someone out a few times, chances are that you will receive some support here.