Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

toshiba e-studio 550 add paper mesage

Hello to everyone.
    I have a bizarre problem with toshiba estudio 550, does not recognize the paper.
    The LCF drawer has paper on it but does not push it up to the feed rollers,this happens to the other to drawers.
    I checked the LCF drawer motor voltage it seems to OK I don`t get any error codes for any malfunction.
    The machine warms up goes into ready state then "ADD PAPER" message is displayed.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: toshiba e-studio 550 add paper mesage

All trays say add paper? or just the lct.
    Check the log to make sure you dont have a job in the queue that needs a diffrent size paper than whats loaded in the machine maybe.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    toshiba e-studio 550 add paper mesage

Lightbulb Re: toshiba e-studio 550 add paper mesage

This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $14.77 and downloaded immediately from:

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads

Paul@justmanuals.com

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by b1406 View Post
    Hello to everyone.
    I have a bizarre problem with toshiba estudio 550, does not recognize the paper.
    The LCF drawer has paper on it but does not push it up to the feed rollers,this happens to the other to drawers.
    I checked the LCF drawer motor voltage it seems to OK I don`t get any error codes for any malfunction.
    The machine warms up goes into ready state then "ADD PAPER" message is displayed.
    Check the paper orientation in the cassettes match the Machine Display

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

All trays do not work try-up motor don`t lift the paper in the castes the problem is that they worked all of them
    then they stop all at same time the motors don`t rotate.
    The copier does not have any job in memory.

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts

If you don't have any tray lift error codes, then you probably have developer spilling from the rear of the DV unit, and dropping down onto the cassette detected photo interrupter. Blocks the sensor and the tray is not seen as inserted. You can verify this in I/O mode. Icon should change state when tray is inserted. EMujo
    If you don't see your question answered in the forum, please don't think it's OK to PM me for a personal reply...I do not give out firmware and/or manuals.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by emujo View Post
    If you don't have any tray lift error codes, then you probably have developer spilling from the rear of the DV unit, and dropping down onto the cassette detected photo interrupter. Blocks the sensor and the tray is not seen as inserted. You can verify this in I/O mode. Icon should change state when tray is inserted. EMujo
    No the developer is not spilling I/O seems OK.
    I think the problem is with LGC board but not sure about it.
    I don`t have the LGC board to replace it, thought if any one had this problem before so I could have a quick solution.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Thumbs up Re: toshiba e-studio 550 add paper mesage

Finally I got it fixed a few days ago, the problem was at the power supply board F5 fuse was blown and the
    paper feed motors did not get any current,I replaced the F5 fuse then it worked paper feed motors came back.
    Thanks to every one