Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: Toshiba e-studio 160 - sucks all toner in

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    where is the sawtooth corona in an e studio 160? i have one here at Home and cant find it! There was a Service B. about bad contact TD sensor in the PCU unit also check also the erease led unit if turn one .
    good luck
    it's inside the unit. It's not made for customers to touch. You have to disassemble the unit to see and clean it.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by stockman123 View Post
    it's inside the unit. It's not made for customers to touch. You have to disassemble the unit to see and clean it.
    There is no sawtooth main charger in this model. Sawtooth came with eS163.

BR

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ivovb View Post
    This is a well known issue with PU - imaging units and contacts/leakage. In order to solve the problem You have to put a fix - cables between transfer unit and HV board... It is no longer supplyed and helps only in 90% of the cases. 100% solution is to change the whole developer unit with working one.

BR
    I'm aware of this issue. Have heard of it some while ago from coleagues, but i don't know what or where to check. Is the separation charger leaking? Or is it the developer station the problem? Can't seem to figure out this one. The machine worked fine until a while ago. 160k copies and same pu unit.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by savi0r View Post
    I'm aware of this issue. Have heard of it some while ago from coleagues, but i don't know what or where to check. Is the separation charger leaking? Or is it the developer station the problem? Can't seem to figure out this one. The machine worked fine until a while ago. 160k copies and same pu unit.
    It starts with PU and the fix is just a crutch for the problem. My opinion is that Toshiba has produced a lot of these PUs and cheaper way to solve the problem is the fix. Didn't go in deep of the problem because I always keep near at hand old working developer part of PU. In 30% of cases cleaning contacts between PU and main unit, and right door and main unit is a tentative decision before setting the fix or changing PU (or dev part of the PU).

BR