Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

Toshiba 3500c "File Storage Error" Scan to USB...

Hi Everyone,
    I have another odd issue I've never dealt with before and was hoping someone could offer a suggestion.

I have a customer with a 3500c that indicated they could no longer scan to a USB thumb drive after I came in to replace a bad HDD.

The machine has the 355 firmware on it and the thumb drives were checked for correct format and was verified with a known good thumb drive.

When you dock the USB drive it indicates "Found USB Device". However, when you scan a document and hit "Job Finish" after a second you get a message that says, "File Storage Error".

I attempted to format and re-initialize the HDD to solve the problem, but that did not help.

Any other comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks!

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts

Re: Toshiba 3500c "File Storage Error" Scan to USB...

It's possible that the problem lies in the thumb drive. I would find an old 1 gig or less, remove any U3 type programs, format it and then try to scan to it. Not all drives would work in these MFPs and especially if they had any hidden software on them. Emujo
    If you don't see your question answered in the forum, please don't think it's OK to PM me for a personal reply...I do not give out firmware and/or manuals.