Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts

E720 HDD replacement

We have an account with many E720s. They are at the end of their life and are being replaced. Customer wants all the HDDs replaced and the originals to be left with them for disposal. Not a problem, ordered up enough HDDs for the replacement. All of them are around 120 GB. The problem is the original MFPs had data override kits and scrambler boards mounted. Now we are having F200 issues when trying to replace the drives. We have tried setting the 08 mode for the overwrite kits to disabled, but I think the scrambler boards are causing another issue. Of course, the original envelopes with the scrambler board codes are nowhere to be found. Any one have any tips for getting these HDDs replaced? Thanks, Emujo
    If you don't see your question answered in the forum, please don't think it's OK to PM me for a personal reply...I do not give out firmware and/or manuals.

Vulcan Inventor of Death 1,000+ Posts Mr Spock's Avatar

Re: E720 HDD replacement

I think you have to remove the scrambler board if they do not have the code or they need to buy a new code.
    And Star Trek was just a tv show...yeah right!

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    E720 HDD replacement

Re: E720 HDD replacement

Must be a government account! Only the government would spend a fortune equipping all their machines with data overwrite kits AND scrambler boards (thus rendering the HDD immune to data theft) and then pay to have all the HDD's removed. I see it all the time here. Our tax dollars at work!
    Why does every customer think they're the first one to ever say: "you've been here so much we should get you an office, ha, ha, ha"?