Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts
    TOSHIBA e-studio 4555C - TOSHIBA Universal Driver

Re: TOSHIBA e-studio 4555C - TOSHIBA Universal Driver

In a network, you can have the machine auto negotiate the speed which it communicates at of set it manually such as you have.

10 - 10 MBit a Sec
    100 - 100 MBit a Sec
    1000 - 1000 MBit a Sec (Gigabit)
    10000 - 10000 MBit a Sec (10 Gig all though MFD's aren't yet capable of this speed)
    Please don't ask me for firmware or service manuals as refusal often offends.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by TheOwl View Post
    In a network, you can have the machine auto negotiate the speed which it communicates at of set it manually such as you have.

10 - 10 MBit a Sec
    100 - 100 MBit a Sec
    1000 - 1000 MBit a Sec (Gigabit)
    10000 - 10000 MBit a Sec (10 Gig all though MFD's aren't yet capable of this speed)
    Hi guys,

I have tried all your suggestions here but unfortunately, none worked. Our Toshiba printers are still very slow.
    When I try to open the printer queue on the server, I can see that an 8MB file with 5 pages is processed very slow. Its like 0.01 MB per sec. It took 20minutes for it to be printed.

My server is Windows 2008 Standard 32-bit while the users are on Windows 7 64-bit. I have installed both 32 and 64 bits. will it be an issue?
    Also, I have installed the driver locally on one user's machine and pointed it to the printer IP. It worked fine but it is not in the server.

Any ideas guys? Thanks for your help!

Chief Twiddler 100+ Posts mckinley's Avatar

What level version of driver do you have installed? 7.###.### version & what level of firmware does the machine have?
    Happiness Is The Road.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by mckinley View Post
    What level version of driver do you have installed? 7.###.### version & what level of firmware does the machine have?

TOSHIBA Universal printer 2 Driver version:
    Windows x64 - 7.771.2651.1
    Windows NT x86 - 7.131.3450.7

Copier Firmware: T212FD0W1536
    Copier Main Rom Version: 210M-72
    Copier Scanner Rom Version: 212S-12

Thanks!

Chief Twiddler 100+ Posts mckinley's Avatar

V1536 firmware? that could be part of the problem, it's old, you may want to try V2101
    I would personaly take a clone of the machine, format the HDD, load V2101 firmware, re-load the clone file.
    The driver is upto date enough, but I've found the Universal 2 PS3 driver to perform better on some servers than the normal Universal 2.

Regards.
    Happiness Is The Road.

toner monkey 100+ Posts jamesyboy's Avatar

swich to print direct : advanced tab in driver switch to direct rather than spool

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Win Server 2008 R2 64 bit has a known Microsoft issue of being unable to push out 32 bit drivers to 32 bit clients. There is a work around which requires a special print driver. I am unable to explain the procedure as I only watched someone else do it once.

How to: Add 32-bit print drivers on 64-bit Windows Server 2008 based print server - The troubleshooters and problem solvers... - Site Home - TechNet Blogs

You will have to research this one.

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SalesServiceGuy View Post
    Win Server 2008 R2 64 bit has a known Microsoft issue of being unable to push out 32 bit drivers to 32 bit clients. There is a work around which requires a special print driver. I am unable to explain the procedure as I only watched someone else do it once.

How to: Add 32-bit print drivers on 64-bit Windows Server 2008 based print server - The troubleshooters and problem solvers... - Site Home - TechNet Blogs

You will have to research this one.
    This one is normally for when you have issues installing a 32Bit Driver on a 64Bit OS or vise versa. Normally you should be able to simply add the driver if the driver is written correctly and your system is up to date with patches / service packs.

As for the slow print performance via the 2008 32Bit server, try disabling the the auto update feature, disable advanced printing features and bi-directional support. Also, if you are printing via Standard TCP/IP Printing Port, then I would make sure that "Enable SNMP Status" is disabled.
    Please don't ask me for firmware or service manuals as refusal often offends.

toner monkey 100+ Posts jamesyboy's Avatar

you can pull the driver from the machine \\ etc in run command also in machine settings slow down the network speed to 100 base t

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Why would you want to slow down to 100BT when the end user is complaining of slow data output?

Remember, until the green data light begins to flash on the LCD panel of the copier, the copier has not rec'd the data yet. So slow printing is a network configuration/ print driver issue and not a copier issue.