Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Close front cover message

Well here we go. Almost new 5560c. 6k copies.. Last week, the close front door message would appear randomly and intermitantly, usually every 15-30 minutes. Obviously , I checked switch and door switch pusher. All good. ..The only way to correct was to turn copier off then on, only to have the close front cover message return again after 30 minutes or less. Per Toshiba, I replaced the power supply unit. The message stayed away for 2 full days. Now it has returned. Only way to clear is to reboot. This ought to be a good one. I would love to hear from someone who might have input...?? Did I get another bad power supply ? Hopefully, someone out there has seen this...??

Riyadh hossain

Re: Close front cover message

Quote Originally Posted by tech07 View Post
    Well here we go. Almost new 5560c. 6k copies.. Last week, the close front door message would appear randomly and intermitantly, usually every 15-30 minutes. Obviously , I checked switch and door switch pusher. All good. ..The only way to correct was to turn copier off then on, only to have the close front cover message return again after 30 minutes or less. Per Toshiba, I replaced the power supply unit. The message stayed away for 2 full days. Now it has returned. Only way to clear is to reboot. This ought to be a good one. I would love to hear from someone who might have input...?? Did I get another bad power supply ? Hopefully, someone out there has seen this...??
    I think cable may be leaked.take off all cable from machine and reset all cable.It might be helpful

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Door interlock circuits often use 24vdc. I've had a few that lost that 24v supply, and then would display "Door Open". The first thing I'd do is check to see if that 24vdc is present, then follow it back to it's source (preferably while in the "Door Open" condition). You could have another bad power supply, or ... you might have a shorting 24v load that's killing your power supplies. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

We brought the copier back to our office and networked it for the sales dept. to use. In 2 weeks there was never a single problem. No not one. My only conclusion is that a power supply fuse was not making solid contact.. Here's why. When we first brought it to the shop, the close front front cover message was present and would not reset, even after several reboots. The ONLY thing we did was remove and reseat fuses. It came back up and has been fine ever since. Delivered back to customer Friday.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Thanks for following up. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=