Major Asshole! 2,500+ Posts
    eStudio 167 jamming on the duplex - Something's missing?

I've got this machine that works fine on simplex, but the sheets simply stop on the duplexing unit. This is the only Toshiba machine I've got, so my experience on these machines is quite limited.

I'm looking at the place where the paper stops, and I can't stop wondering that there's something amiss there. Can someone please confirm this to me?

Thanks.
    ' "But the salesman said . . ." The salesman's an asshole!'
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

I'm just an ex-tech lurking around and spreading disinformation!

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: eStudio 167 jamming on the duplex - Something's missing?

When paper jams press and hold clear+8 keys. There will be code on display like E__. What is your code?

BR
    I'll never ask if I didn't check user manual, service manual, parts list, BSI/TNI/TAD... web, existing threads.

Thanks for the tip. Will do it once I'm near the machine again (most probably tomorrow).
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

Chief Twiddler 100+ Posts mckinley's Avatar

yeah, the thing that's missing is a black plastic guide cover with some white plastic wheels mounted on it, the guide slots on to the black guide that has the ozone filter in it.

Regards.
    Happiness Is The Road.

kennethsross

Please forgive me for resurrecting this thread, but I seem to be in exactly the same position as the original poster.

I've just bought an e-studio 167 from a local business, and everything about it works fine, except it jams when duplexing. I thought it was maybe a paper weight issue, so I tried everything from 70 to 120 gsm, but the same result every time.

I found this forum while searching for information, and my copier looks exactly the same as the images in the first post.

So it seems I am also missing this plate with the white rollers. Are they obtainable anywhere? It would be handy to have the duplexer working, seeing as it's there!

I must apologize for not coming here and close this sooner.

The plate had fallen out of the machine and the customer kept it inside a cabinet for safekeeping and forgot to tell me about it.

I found out about it about a week after creating this thread (when I was heading there to try out ivovb suggestion) and managed to keep it in place with zipties, just to find out that the machine had other problems that, ultimately, called for a machine replacement.

So if you're missing that plate, no duplex for you. Maybe ask the business that sold you the machine, maybe they have it and they don't know what it's for.
    Mascan42

Ibid