Technician

Toshiba 2555 fax problem

Customer cannot receive a fax. Can send a fax. At the bottom of the touch screen they are getting this message "Received fax on line 1 remained."* Anyone know what this is?

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Toshiba 2555 fax problem

Re: Toshiba 2555 fax problem

Have you connected an analog phone set to determine if the line rings? If it doesn't ring, the fax will never answer. If the ring voltage is low, the fax may not identify it as a ring. Those are phone line problems.

Is the phone line connected to the LINE connection, or the HANDSET connection?

=^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    Have you connected an analog phone set to determine if the line rings? If it doesn't ring, the fax will never answer. If the ring voltage is low, the fax may not identify it as a ring. Those are phone line problems.

Is the phone line connected to the LINE connection, or the HANDSET connection?

=^..^=

I wasn't the voltage as they have sent and received faxes previously (I probably should have stated that in my post). I was trying to do everything I could think of with the customer over the phone as they were on the outskirts of my territory and I was dreading having to make a trip out there. But, I did make the trip and it was totally something that I could have done over the phone had I asked the correct questions. The customer had been poking around in the fax settings because they wanted to have a fax transmission report generated when a fax went through, not just when it failed. In their poking around, they enabled the "private" fax setting. So all of the fax jobs were sitting in memory waiting for a code to be entered in order to print. Easy fix...but wow, what a waste of time.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Toshiba 2555 fax problem

I know you're probably not going to understand this but I'm going on anyway.

The reason I put those two qualifiers in my signature line, is that I find it equally annoying that you've made no attempt whatsoever to fix the problem before asking for help. You've made no observations. You may not even have talked to the enduser yet. And I'm supposed to guess based on that very limited information.

I don't mind wasting my time if it's for a good reason, but I can't think of a single reason for asking for help before you've even seen the machine. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Technician

I understand your problem right now. Though it's too late to reply here. But I hope it will be helpful for others as well. For any kind of assistance or issue I mostly depends of googlefaxfree. Because this one is much more popular among all fax users. Googlefaxfree is a fax guide website for free. For any kind of fax related issues like problem to send free faxes you can read the article here. I hope that help!

Thank you so much for your suggestion OP. The website you suggested here is a fax guide site. This will ensure you how to send lots of faxes effectively and will guide you step by step. But if you want to send fax to others then cocofax is the best option I think. Because there is 1 month of free trial available for the new users. Cocofax will allow you to send free fax online which is totally free for the first month. Try and enjoy cocofax service.