Trusted Tech 50+ Posts rocky_biskit's Avatar

E Studio 225 error code c56

As the title says, I have c56 code. I have checked all the connections on the Main and PFC pcb's. I did find a frame ground connector not connected ( I highly doubt that has anything to do with the problem but thought it was worth mentioning) and reconnected it. Do these machines have a tech mode to reset errors and if so how does one access it? I did look in the service manual but all I was able to find was "reset memory" mode. Using the procedure to access that mode wouldnt work, so I am guessing that wouldnt solve the problem anyway. The manual says replace the Main and/or PFC pcb. Has anyone had one of these pcb's go? Is there something else I should be looking for?

Thanks in advance ... you guys and gals here usually will come through for me on this forum

Re: E Studio 225 error code c56

After further research, I have ascertained that 08 will get me into the tech mode. I do see various resets/clears. A little help as to which one would reset this problem would be appreciated. In the mean time I shall continue my research. Thank You once again.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Luther's Avatar

none will reset this error you have to fix the problem to clear the error, try disconnecting all the accessories like the feeder, duplex, finisher if it has one and see if the error clears when you reboot the machine, if it clears plug the accessories back one at a time and reboot until the error comes back

That is a good troubleshooting method, Traced down a staple on a electronic print that way the other day.

Quote Originally Posted by Luther View Post
    none will reset this error you have to fix the problem to clear the error, try disconnecting all the accessories like the feeder, duplex, finisher if it has one and see if the error clears when you reboot the machine, if it clears plug the accessories back one at a time and reboot until the error comes back
    Thanks Luther ... I was going to try that tomorrow ... I will let you know how it goes.

Luther,
    I did as you suggested. I believe the problem to be within the PFC (Paper Feed Controller) pcb. I disconnected the ADU and no change ... c56 still there. I also disconnected the the exit roller motor (since it was connected to the PFC) and still no change. I did however disconnect the PFC from the Main pcb, and the code was gone. The only problem is, without the PFC the exit roller motor will not engage and causes a jam at the exit. I am going to order the part but I am having difficulty finding the part number in the manual. Some research has suggested to me that it might be an "optional part" number. The number that I have come up with is GH1060 ... Do you know if this is the correct number?