Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Toshiba E-studio 160 with GD-1061 Option How to Scan ?

Hi everyone .

I've just baught a second hands e-studio 160 with fax option GD-1061
    I've seen that this one is twain capable but i dont know how to ... and i have baught this one just for the scanner part with charger (lots of paper to unmaterialised)

Is there someone here which can help me with this old product.

I have seen lots of manual but no one is asking from this twain capability that i was unable to use .

I precised that my 160 have an RJ45 option and i can access to the setting from his ip adress
    i have also acces to the service mode
    and unfortunately the scanner menu is not available

Is someone could help me ...

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: Toshiba E-studio 160 with GD-1061 Option How to Scan ?

As what I know, u can scan using viewer software but only can work on GDI/parallel port...
    Last edited by didi2005; 02-28-2015 at 02:45 PM.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

More deeply explained You have to remove network and pcl cards in order to use local scanning via LPT port. Also You will need Toshiba viewer software which includes drivers for GDI printing and twain scanning. In that case You will loose duplex printing!

If You have Internet fax kit You can install it to network card (You can check if You have it already - there must battery pack installed on network card) and You will get network scan (scan to mail and scan to ftp if my memory served me well) and duplex pcl printing.

Can't remember clearly if scan function key is active without setting the network scan functionality... So check firstly for battery pack installed on network card.

BR
    I'll never ask if I didn't check user manual, service manual, parts list, BSI/TNI/TAD... web, existing threads.

Post Re: Toshiba E-studio 160 with GD-1061 Option How to Scan ?

Quote Originally Posted by ivovb View Post
    More deeply explained You have to remove network and pcl cards in order to use local scanning via LPT port. Also You will need Toshiba viewer software which includes drivers for GDI printing and twain scanning. In that case You will loose duplex printing!

If You have Internet fax kit You can install it to network card (You can check if You have it already - there must battery pack installed on network card) and You will get network scan (scan to mail and scan to ftp if my memory served me well) and duplex pcl printing.

Can't remember clearly if scan function key is active without setting the network scan functionality... So check firstly for battery pack installed on network card.

BR
    The first things i'm sure is that the fax option is in it and networks too because i can connect to it and see option (i have note the secure pin code but it could certainly reset )
    so how can i check that battery pack is installed on network card.

i can say that scan function is not yet active in all case

thanck for your help because i wont find the twain driver and software

You have to remove back cover - 8 screws maybe. Take a look of network card - did you see battery pack mounted on it?

BR
    I'll never ask if I didn't check user manual, service manual, parts list, BSI/TNI/TAD... web, existing threads.

sorry for my english but i remember you that i'm french ...

Soon asked ... as done

i have unmounted the cover and take some pics for identification because i'm not able to say if there is battery pack (there is no any batterie but ...)

so let's place to picture

IMG_20150310_123733.jpgIMG_20150310_123953.jpgIMG_20150310_124021.jpg

and of course ... your analyse

in all case thancks for all

Nice approach. Photos are ok. But You don't have internet fax so You can not make network scan. Only way is to remove network card and pcl. Cable from pcl connect to main pcb. Get lpt cable. Download Toshiba viewer 2 v1.06 from US web site (www toshiba com). Install software following screen instructions. First Install and later connect machine and PC.

BR

PS In other hand my French is worse than your English. Cheers.

and which one or where is located the pcl card ?

PCL card is the data acquisition card as i understand of my webshearch

And also where exactly can i download toshiba software on there website because i'have already look at it and ... no way to find it

Right side of main motor or left side of network card is PCL card. Or take a look of LPT port - LPT card - cable that goes to... PCL card. Unplug that cable, remove PCL card and plug LPT cable to MAIN PCB. MAIN PCB is the bigger one. PCL card is mounted on it.

For software go to
    ????Z?? OR
    ????Z??
    Links will be deleted in 3 days.

Hmmm Did I have to go to Paris? I would like to!

BR

I'll have a little pause because my wife is hospitalized for a surgery i'll come back to my copier after the week end but i'm downloading the software and waiting for my usb to centronics from amazon

after alle that i'll switch the pcb correctly ( i've allready quickly look to the copier and i think i've understand what you mean)

See you soon here and in Paris when you want ...

Thanck