Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Toshiba E Studio 352 Install New Toner Cartridge

I replaced the toner cartridge and the machine says adding toner and then eventually says "Install New Toner Cartridge" after a while. I haven't done much troubleshooting other than cheating the front door sensors to see if the toner was spinning properly. My next course of action would be have been to check the developer for toner content, but I was short on time. I'm not familiar with this machine and don't have access to the service manual. Any advice before I dive in blindly would be much appreciated.

-Marcus

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: Toshiba E Studio 352 Install New Toner Cartridge

Quote Originally Posted by SDNFlorida View Post
    I replaced the toner cartridge and the machine says adding toner and then eventually says "Install New Toner Cartridge" after a while. I haven't done much troubleshooting other than cheating the front door sensors to see if the toner was spinning properly. My next course of action would be have been to check the developer for toner content, but I was short on time. I'm not familiar with this machine and don't have access to the service manual. Any advice before I dive in blindly would be much appreciated.

-Marcus
    And did the Bottle turn??? OEM Toner???
    There is a slotted coupling at the rear of the Orange Bottle housing which wears causing the Bottle not to turn even though the Drive is still turning - replace if it doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by canonbundy View Post
    And did the Bottle turn??? OEM Toner???
    There is a slotted coupling at the rear of the Orange Bottle housing which wears causing the Bottle not to turn even though the Drive is still turning - replace if it doesn't.
    The toner bottle was turning properly. No abnormal noises either. Not sure the OEM part, but the toner cartridge that was in there was almost empty so I replaced it with another and had same issue.

Try removing and clean the entire coupling unit. Issue could be caused toner hardening along the path.

Otherwise, remove and clean the ATC sensor.

Field Tech 500+ Posts
    Toshiba E Studio 352 Install New Toner Cartridge

Check the idle gear on the developer unit or just all the gears to make sure its turning. Tone might be ok
    It didn't say that I couldn't do it in the manual.