Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    km_

Question Toshiba 3500c new hdd

My job was recently given a Toshiba eSTUDIO 3500c as a donation, and while cleaning it up and testing it out, on first boot it gave me the message "cannot load HDD data". Since this came from a certain genre of industry that may want to keep their files safe, I switched out the hard drive for one of my own.

After searching the this forum and the interwebs, I found a youtube video that showed how to fix it and even listed download links for the firmware. I managed to get into the firmware install and got the OS update, ENG update and SCN update to complete with no issues, but the install has been stuck for the SYS update for at least an hour. Only thing on screen is "Download Storage -> HDD Copying 1/4".

Long story short, I am wondering if I got a bad firmware download and was hoping someone could help me in obtaining correct firmware for the aforementioned device. Thanks.

Vulcan Inventor of Death 1,000+ Posts Mr Spock's Avatar

Re: Toshiba 3500c new hdd

The steps to replace hard drive are as follows
    clear + 3 at power on option 3
    power off and load firmware
    power off then 08-947 then 08-690-2 start
    power off and on and it should be ready to go.
    And Star Trek was just a tv show...yeah right!

km_

Re: Toshiba 3500c new hdd

This worked. Thanks! Now I just need to deal with replacing the internals (drum/toner/fuser) to make it print like new.