Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    XEROX  7225 /  Wierd Quality Issue

XEROX 7225 / Wierd Quality Issue

HI The machine makes PERFECT Black AND COLOR copies from all 4 trays when copying. When customer prints, prints are perfect iin Black and color , EXCEPT,EXCEPT when he chooses tray 4 with 11x17 paper.Black prints are good,But color prints come out with big blotches of black ink on the color portions of the print,not completely fused on.AGAIN this happens ONLY when printing ,only when using tray 4 with 11x17 paper.I can run color copies from same tray all day longand every copy is perfect.Customer took the laptop he prints from,and went to another office where he has same machine(Xerox 7225) and all prints are perfect.There must be something corrupted in machine itself,but Im not sure what.The machine paper paths and drum units and transfer belt arte all spotless(as well it should be as all copying is perfect). , I can sure use some help, THANKS ANDY

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: XEROX 7225 / Wierd Quality Issue

First check the paper settings for tray 4 and compare these settings with paper settings from others trays

Hi Paper settings are correct Thanks Andy

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Exok's Avatar

I'm curious. What happens if you print on 11x17 color from trays 1,2,3 or bypass?

What you are describing does not make sense to me. Can you provide samples of the image quality problem?

HI I will let you know if i11x17 prints ok from other trays tomm. I know.If I didn't see it for myself Id think I wouldn't believe it.I know,it is crazy.It copies pictures PERFECTLY from same tray EVERY TIME.I will try to post a copy . THANKS ANDY

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Thumbs up Re: XEROX 7225 / Wierd Quality Issue

Scans of prints described are attached. Andy or i will add new information as we acquire it. Frank/ActionPhotocopy
    Attached Images Attached Images

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Exok's Avatar

The samples show poor fusing. 1st, make sure the machine is using OEM toner. 2nd, make sure the paper tray settings are correct.

Is the 11x17 paper standard 20lb weight paper and if so is the tray set to plain paper?

If the 11x17 is heavy stock you need to set the paper tray settings to heavy stock.

If the 11x17 is plain 20lb stock, try setting the tray to heavy stock to see if it improves fusing.

Is the 11x17 paper in good condition or maybe damp from humidity. Damp paper can have a problem with fusing. Make sure the paper is new.

Hope that helps.

Hi I will let you know next week when I return to customer to check settings.I called customer this am and asked him to run 11X17 thru bypass,He said the bypass wouldnot allow him to run the 17inch paper as size wouldn't match,he tried 11 inch thru bypass and was able to match settigs to paper and run print.Maybe it is sizing problem with 17inch? Andy