Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    tyskkvinna

Xerox DocuColor 260 Issues (Fuser)

I have a DC 260 and I'm having some trouble with the fuser. It is throwing the error 010-327 (occasionally 010-328). I did some digging and I went in to reset the chain 744-220.. and it won't let me reset it to 0. It says that chain is currently "126". I have tried resetting that chain to any number of things and it is not allowing me to do that.

I got this fuser in April of this year, so I am a little surprised that it is not working. I was told by somebody to check it for a paper jam but there is very, very obviously not a paper jam. Also about every 1 in 5 tries of turning it on, it finds things that people in the office have mistakenly sent to it while it's been down and it prints them. I think if there was a jam it would never send paper through.

Any suggestions for me?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts InterfaceP's Avatar

Re: Xerox DocuColor 260 Issues (Fuser)

I cant find any suggestion to change the NVM 744-220 for this fault.

10-327 is a fault in the fuser prior to waking up from a low power or stand-by state. As a temp fix I would set the sleep time beyond what you think you need between prints, then at the end of the day turn it off, thus eliminating a low power or stand-by state.

You could simply need a new fuser or it could be more in depth than that. The two other components that could be at fault are the MCU PWB or the Power supply.

Good Luck

tyskkvinna

How can I extend that? I'm not sure that is the case because this error comes up after 2-3 minutes of the machine being on. But I will try it. I'd really hate to have to buy another fuser if there is a more likely candidate.

tyskkvinna

Update: I was able to set the chain 744-220 to "100" but not "99" or any two digit number. So that's weird.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts InterfaceP's Avatar

Do you still have the old fuser? The counter is inside the printer so once it's reset you can use any fuser you like.

tyskkvinna

Unfortunately, I do not.