Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Felipones

Xerox WC 7655 - NVM problem?

Hi,I have a Xerox 7655 and the machine is presenting inumerous problems.

First the machine was having dificulties in inicialization.
    Sometimes it start, sometime the initialization stop when the initialization color change to green.
    But it worked shutting down and powering on two or three times.
    And once the machine starts it prints normaly.

After some weeks the machine was still with this problem but when it started, I was always losing the language info, the unit (measure system) input and other infos such page counter.

So I called a Xerox Techinical Assitence and the tech opened the back cover of the machine and he told me that acording to the manual I need to change the motherboard battery (2450) and the NVM PWB (960K27121).
    He removed the NVM and cleaned the contact and removed the battery to check if it was OK (3V).

Now after he put everything back and restarted the machine, the machine isnīt printing anymore.
    It is showing a message RESTAURE A MÁQUINA - in English itīs like RESTORE THE SYSTEM or RESTORE THE MACHINE. And I canīt print and now even the toner and drum units are without a counter showing a ? ? ?

Do you think the tech is going in a good way changing the NVM PWB?
    He told me he wouldnīt be able to restore the system without changing the NVM in first place.
    Iīve seem that sometimes itīs only necessary to change the YELLOW NVM BATTERY (http://www.xentair.com/product_images/z/391/960K27122__92309.jpg)

Thanks a lot and sorry for my bad english.
    Luís Felipe Campos

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Xerox WC 7655 - NVM problem?

Re: Xerox WC 7655 - NVM problem?

Ussualy it is not necessary to change the nvm pwb battery.
    In this particular situation you said the tech measured the battery voltage and it is good = 3 volts.
    You need only the software diagnostic tool to restore the machine status.
    What version of the firmware is on the machine:
    40.033.xxxx or 40.032.xxxx ?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Exok's Avatar

Re: Xerox WC 7655 - NVM problem?

It is much more likely that your machine requires a new battery and not the whole NVM board. He should have checked the battery voltage while it was still plugged in. You only have a very short time without a battery plugged in before all the NVM values are cleared. As long as the battery is good, he should be able to restore the system. If you are lucky, someplace on the machine (sometimes found in hidden storage area in paper tray 1) you have a print out of original NVM settings that can be manually input back in the machine. (sometimes called the machine's birth certificate)

As far as the original problem, I would clean the contacts on the memory dimms and reseat them.