Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

XES 8825 with external controller

Hi Egneers,
    I have xerox 8825 cotroller , it doesn't communicate with the scanner to give it "P." it has been on and off but this time its off completely.
    I changed even the usb cable , the scanner also boots up to p , i suspect the controller firmware corrupt.
    I tried to ping the controller ip address but it was in vein.

Regards
    Mukasa.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    XES 8825  with external controller

Re: XES 8825 with external controller

Probably is time for Fiery sw. reloading.
    Conect to Fiery and watch if it boot completely.

Sent from my V3-E

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

This problem indicates the scanner and controller are not communicating. It is possible that the "DDS Enable" is turned off on the controller. Without this function enabled, the controller will never look for the presence of a scanner. Find this selection by going into the web interface. (Type in the IP address of the controller into a web browser.) This will bring up the WebPMT interface. Go into Printer Configuration and look for "DDS Enabled." There is a box that should be checked alongside this selection. If the box is not checked, left click on it, then select "Update Printer" at the bottom of the page. Reboot the controller, and see what happens.

Failing this, in most cases it is a problem with the fire wire port on either the scanner or the controller. I assume you have tried connecting to both the ports on the scanner. If neither works, then the only way to troubleshoot the problem is swapping out the main boards in either the scanner or controller. Most companies who work on these systems will have access to spare boards for this testing. When the scanner and controller are in communication, the display on the scanner will indicate "P." The period after the P is the key indicator that the two devices are talking to one another. We stock both boards, but they are not inexpensive.

Best of luck,

Carl cbyrne@goevergreen.net

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by technogeek2009 View Post
    This problem indicates the scanner and controller are not communicating. It is possible that the "DDS Enable" is turned off on the controller. Without this function enabled, the controller will never look for the presence of a scanner. Find this selection by going into the web interface. (Type in the IP address of the controller into a web browser.) This will bring up the WebPMT interface. Go into Printer Configuration and look for "DDS Enabled." There is a box that should be checked alongside this selection. If the box is not checked, left click on it, then select "Update Printer" at the bottom of the page. Reboot the controller, and see what happens.

Failing this, in most cases it is a problem with the fire wire port on either the scanner or the controller. I assume you have tried connecting to both the ports on the scanner. If neither works, then the only way to troubleshoot the problem is swapping out the main boards in either the scanner or controller. Most companies who work on these systems will have access to spare boards for this testing. When the scanner and controller are in communication, the display on the scanner will indicate "P." The period after the P is the key indicator that the two devices are talking to one another. We stock both boards, but they are not inexpensive.

Best of luck,

Carl cbyrne@goevergreen.net
    Hello carl,
    Thanks , installed windows 7 on this computor , but the WebPMT interface refused to install because i wanted to anable DDS .
    The other option is to go through the printer console but the printer has a fault . Is there the WebPMT interface for windows 7?
    Mukasa.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

The operating system has nothing to do with accessing the WebPMT. If the controller is functioning, and connected to a network, you should be able to access the WebPMT. However, it may be that your problem is more extensive than simply the controller and scanner being unable to communicate. You mentioned the control panel on the printer shows a fault. What fault code is it showing? If it is E-701, then the controller is not communicating with the printer either. If this is the case, there is a problem with the controller. Could be a number of things, from a corrupt hard drive to a bad motherboard.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by technogeek2009 View Post
    The operating system has nothing to do with accessing the WebPMT. If the controller is functioning, and connected to a network, you should be able to access the WebPMT. However, it may be that your problem is more extensive than simply the controller and scanner being unable to communicate. You mentioned the control panel on the printer shows a fault. What fault code is it showing? If it is E-701, then the controller is not communicating with the printer either. If this is the case, there is a problem with the controller. Could be a number of things, from a corrupt hard drive to a bad motherboard.
    Hi Technogeek2009,
    The printer fault is LL-44, I have ordered for the Heat rod control pwb. I have been using the scanner but its gone off also there is no P. (before i was using windows XP.)now the costomer changed to windows 7.
    When i install AccXes i get a message " accxes not compatible with windows 7.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

The plot thickens as we say... The LL-44 is a fuser related error. It can be caused by a variety of issues. A bad fuser rod is certainly one possibility. You will want to check continuity through both rods. The Blue interconnect that mates the fuser drawer to the machine can be another source. Look closely at the individual pins in both connectors. If any are burnt or mis-shapen, then replace both harnesses on the fuser and machine sides. Check the thermistors to insure they read as the manual says. Finally, the AC module may be at fault. These are in short supply world wide.

Carl