Technician

7655 toner spots

This machine is having random toner spots on its printouts. The spots are cyan and magenta toner. The developer looks ok. I vacuumed under the drums and developers. It's all pretty clean inside. I also cleaned the belt cleaner. The machine has like 75k bw and 40k color on it. I'm kind of at a loss on it. Old toner possibly?, it possibly still has the original color cartridges in it. Attached are a couple of pics I printed off the machine. Any ideas?

20150927_121005-480x853.jpg20150927_121025-480x853.jpg

Senior Tech 250+ Posts InterfaceP's Avatar

Re: 7655 toner spots

My guess would be the toner is old and clumping up, if you get a big piece it will clog up the developer and cause a deletion.

Technician

Ok great. I'll have them order some magenta and cyan toner. I was kind of leaning to that. I think they are the original cartridges to the machine. The yellow and blacks are the new Xerox logo.

Is it worth it to rebuild the drums on these? They got around 30% left on them. I think the pcr rollers are causing some light marks in the prints.

I've also seen this in 250, 700 and 550/560's. (they've all got the same insides)
    I can also be developer housing bearings going especially if it is only down one side of the print. Could also account for mark in print especially if they are lighter marks.

Technician

They got the toner replaced in the machine. There is still the clumps/dots on the prints. I opened the top of the developer, there are clumps of toner in there. They still had the old toner bottle and you could hear the clumps inside of container. I'm am going to get new developer powder for it. Any tips on cleaning out the developer housing besides vacuuming it out?

Quote Originally Posted by aca2122 View Post
    They got the toner replaced in the machine. There is still the clumps/dots on the prints. I opened the top of the developer, there are clumps of toner in there. They still had the old toner bottle and you could hear the clumps inside of container. I'm am going to get new developer powder for it. Any tips on cleaning out the developer housing besides vacuuming it out?
    Make sure you get it all out and don't leave any in there. You don't want to contaminate the new stuff.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts InterfaceP's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aca2122 View Post
    You can dump most of it out after you remove the housing. The rest you can vacuum out.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Check anti- spill blade.