Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

wc 5890 HVF remove obstacle from finisher tray and power off. copy and print unavaila

Good day,

Need some help with the above message, if I keep powering off and powering on the message might clear but will return. I upgrade software but I no it is not the latest. there is nothing in finisher and there are some bin movement error

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Exok's Avatar

Re: wc 5890 HVF remove obstacle from finisher tray and power off. copy and print unav

The most common reason for this message is when the ejector assembly is malfunctioning. The ejector is the part that kicks out full sets from the finisher. When you first power the machine on, the ejector and other parts of the finisher do start position checks. See if your ejector is doing these checks. The ejector may need to be replaced.

When the machine is fully powered on, check the fault code history in the machine status screen. Report back the codes that start with "012-".

Senior Tech 250+ Posts xeroxsharp's Avatar

Re: wc 5890 HVF remove obstacle from finisher tray and power off. copy and print unav

Many times I need to replace motor that moving up and down HV finisher main tray.
    Remove top cover of the HV finisher and you will see this motor at the back top side.
    Ejector assembly and this motor are many times main reason for faulty HV finisher.

Depending on the code it could be ejector, rear tamper assembly, gearbox. Can you post the codes you are getting?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Hi guys, I replace the ejector assembly, but still having the same problem. I will get the codes and post them

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Hi Guys here are the codes: 311-190-00 finisher stacker bin move failure x 22, 38-190-00 S tray sheet detected post jam clearance x 5 and 311-157-00 Fin E late to buffer position x3. The firmware is 072.190.124.23405.

Thanks for help.

BangorTech

I had the same issue, same message on a Workcentre 5875 HVF. I found the finisher clunking, like the timing was off. The ejector isnt where its suppose to be in the process, causing machine to think there is an obstruction. A guy at my work who has a lot more experience with Xerox instructed me to do an alt boot, it will fix the timing of it. I can't verify this to work, but I am returning with firmware to install, so I am hoping it works.