Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts listsubscriber's Avatar

Xerox WC 5735 Jamming Issue & Security

2 questions, the 2nd one, I fear I already know the answer.

1. This WorkCentre is giving us a problem with jamming. The paper feeds fine from the bypass tray. However, all trays besides the bypass tray jam after the paper is picked up and starts up the vertical transport. The jam is located below the point where paper from the bypass tray enters the machine. Our tech checked for dirty/blocked sensors. She did not check the connectors. I want to get the entire list of items to check/replace before sending her back out.

2. The customer had a card reader attached for a number of years and had a tech come in and "disable" security. He disconnected the security equipment but customer is now stuck without any way to access the functions protected by passwords. Is there a way to disable all security without the admin passwords?

Thanks for your help

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Exok's Avatar

Re: Xerox WC 5735 Jamming Issue & Security

1. I would start with the vertical transport rollers. There are 2 sets of rollers that drive the paper up the left side from the paper trays. There is a belt driven drive assembly for these rollers located behind the waste toner bottle assembly. The screws that hold this drive assembly often come loose. If loose enough, it can cause these 2 sets of rollers to pop out of the frame toward the front of the machine causing a gap between them and the idler rollers on the left side door.

1. The left side door hinge can be damaged causing the door to not fully close toward the back.

2. You would need the Admin password to change security settings on or off for the different features like printing / copy / fax / email.

2. If the Admin password has been changed from the default (1111) and the current Admin password is unknown, it can be reset in diagnostics to the default.

To reset the Admin password:
    Enter Diagnostics mode.
    At READY, press and hold the # key, then the Log In / Out key. Enter PIN 1934, then Enter.
    In diagnostics, select Diagnostic Routines, select Other Routines, select 001 Reset Auditron Master PIN. Select Reset Auditron Master PIN. Select Confirm.
    This sets the Admin password back to 1111.