Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Technician

Re: DOCUCOLOR 240 how to clear 042-326 code?

Printing now!!

Thank you so much!
    I do have an unresolved issue though, one I was trying to fix when the Error Code came up.
    I will put it on here anyway, but probably will post a thread too.

I am getting images & text duplicated when I select colour, if I just choose black it is fine.
    I have changed the black drum, moved the other 3 around too but it is printing/copying with 'double vision'...
    The only change yesterday was a new wireless router, surely the router has NOTHING to do with it...?

Technician

All fixed now, thank you for your help & advice

TexasT

I was getting the 042-326 code. I changed the belt and it fixed it temporarily. It seems that the belt keeps moving to the front of the machine. I have tried moving it back several times and doing various things such as checking the roller tension as best as I knew how. I did learn that once I got the code 042-327 and all I needed to fix that was to make sure the belt was UNDER the metal tab that sticks out next to the sensor. I also get 042-328. Although the belt is brand new I have made sure the sensor patch and sensor are clean. I have cleared the fault count but many times the machine goes into fault code before I get finished. My question is:

1. How do I get the belt to stay toward the back of the machine? I think this might help the code error. It IS, however, touching the sensor.

2. How sensitive is the belt itself? While working on this and taking it in and out many times I have caused a couple of scratched areas. There are also a couple of crinkled areas. Do I need to replace the belt again?

Thanks!!!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    DOCUCOLOR 240 how to clear 042-326 code?

Depend about how big, deep and location of the the scratched area. Probably you need to repalace it again. Before replace the belt do a good cleanning of a sensors and rollers from belt assembly unit.
    You need also to use pws diagnostic tool to do belt edge learning procedure. Even you can perform MaxSetup procedure.

TexasT

Scratches or crinkles aren't too bad, however, there is one place on the belt that has a very small nick taken out of the side that passes by the sensor. I'm not sure what PWS is, but I did run the belt adjustment task from the screen.

bexx

I´ve also got the error 042.326.00 on three machines the same time (WS 7775, 7665, 7655). I changed the belts, replaced the belt cleaner assy, but two machines stay on "system fault" and refuse printing. The 7655 takes up work when I clean the belt with cloth and reset NVM 741-105 to 0. But after 500 or 1000 prints, the error returns and I have to repeat the procedure.
    Does anybody know what to do?

TexasT

I again changed my belt and continued getting the same error code. I was able to solve the problem by getting some canned air and cleaning the sensor switch. I would suggest you get some canned air and clean the switch(es). Hope this helps!