Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts alex4alltimes's Avatar

Docucolor 250 Magenta Developer Unit generating streaks

Hello everyone! The Docu 250 I operate has started giving problems in the Magenta developer section. It streaks the paper in the inbord side with magenta colour. (Picture attached). I have swapped drums but the problem remains on the same colour. Please give me some suggestions to solve the problem. Thanks.
    20160415_193026.jpg
    20160415_193600.jpg

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Exok's Avatar

Re: Docucolor 250 Magenta Developer Unit generating streaks

The fact that the erase margins are blank and no magenta streaking extends to the edge of the paper leads me to think this is a copy job or scanned and then reprinted. Usually if you have streaking that is caused by the print engine, the streaking would continue to the very edge of the paper and not stop at the erase margins. Try making an internal print test like the config sheet to see if you still have streaking. If not I would check & clean the optics. Test making a copy off the glass and then through the doc feeder to see if you get the same results. If only from the Doc feed, you have to clean the small slit glass that the doc feeder uses to scan sheets to the left of the large copy glass.

Quote Originally Posted by Exok View Post
    The fact that the erase margins are blank and no magenta streaking extends to the edge of the paper leads me to think this is a copy job or scanned and then reprinted. Usually if you have streaking that is caused by the print engine, the streaking would continue to the very edge of the paper and not stop at the erase margins. Try making an internal print test like the config sheet to see if you still have streaking. If not I would check & clean the optics. Test making a copy off the glass and then through the doc feeder to see if you get the same results. If only from the Doc feed, you have to clean the small slit glass that the doc feeder uses to scan sheets to the left of the large copy glass.
    Hi Exok! Thanks for your feedback. The images you are seeing were printed not copied. The Magenta drum unit appeared to be the culprit at first. I swapped it with the yellow one. Same Problem. Again swapped with the Cyan one. Same problem. The Ros slits are clean. I emptied and checked the developer tank and the mag roller for any apparent defect. No defect could be seen there. Developer particles are also new. The erase margins are blank in the images you are seeing. But after these two copies I printed another copy you can see the streaks outside the erase edge.20160415_212912.jpg
    Last edited by alex4alltimes; 04-15-2016 at 05:08 PM. Reason: Additional feedback.

Another thing. The toner sticks to the charging roller in the drum unit. If you wipe it off and print, the first print sometimes comes out clean but subsequent prints develop the problem again. I am about to go crazy. Thanks!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Print 50% magenta halftone from diagnostic, scan it and post it here.

Do you use OEM toner?
    Did you check developer blade?

I am using OEM toner for magenta only since original toner was not available. No I did not check developer blade.

It looks like there is some obstructions under developer blade.
    What about developer roll?
    Is there any damages on it?

Quote Originally Posted by alex4alltimes View Post
    I am using OEM toner for magenta only since original toner was not available. No I did not check developer blade.
    I am using OEM toner for magenta only since original toner was not available. No I did not check developer blade but I opened the developer cover and manually rotated the mag roller to observe any defects.. But no defect was visible and the mixture was consistent inboard to outboard.