Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Xerox 7125 colour alignment

I have a 7120 that is not aligning the colours properly, the blue is out about 1mm. I copied 100 pages hoping it calibrates the alignment sometime while printing, no luck. Can't find anywhere to correct this is service mode either.

HELP !!!

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: Xerox 7125 colour alignment

Did you try a color calibration. It is in Admin mode under Machine status, tools, troubleshooting, calibration.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

I should have mentioned i have also swapped and run the following, i have another good working 7125.
    • Run the colour calibration
    • replace all the drum units
    • replace the transfer belt

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

I have looked through the e-doc and am unable to find a solution. Shameless BUMP hoping someone has an answer.

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Warning: advice from a Xerox noob from memory:
    I haven't seen that problem before on Xerox, but on the old equipment I used to work on we'd check what Xerox calls the MOB sensor, making sure it was clean and working correctly.
    On some of the Xerox equipment I work on, you can print out a test pattern that shows the actual calibration patches the MOB sensor uses. If that machine can print that test pattern you might try it and see if there is anything weird going on there.
    Hope that helps, and sorry if it was a waste of time.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Iowatech View Post
    I haven't seen that problem before on Xerox, but on the old equipment I used to work on we'd check what Xerox calls the MOB sensor, making sure it was clean and working correctly.
    On some of the Xerox equipment I work on, you can print out a test pattern that shows the actual calibration patches the MOB sensor uses. If that machine can print that test pattern you might try it and see if there is anything weird going on there.

Thanks! I will look for something related to this on the 7120, seems like a very probably cause of the issue. The machine must run alignment calibrations in the background at some point i figure so perhaps the sensor is dirty or out of whack, as you suggested. I have a few of these machines so swapping parts is not an issue.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

[QUOTE=drewzif;513916]I have a 7120 that is not aligning the colours properly, the blue is out about 1mm. I copied 100 pages hoping it calibrates the alignment sometime while printing, no luck. Can't find anywhere to correct this is service mode either.

HELP !!![/QUOTE

HI There.....

Such problem happened to me on xerox 2060 and it was nvm location
    changed from 1 to 0
    Check the manual if this model uses such nvm locations...

Thanks....

[QUOTE=imihm;514608]
    Quote Originally Posted by drewzif View Post
    I have a 7120 that is not aligning the colours properly, the blue is out about 1mm. I copied 100 pages hoping it calibrates the alignment sometime while printing, no luck. Can't find anywhere to correct this is service mode either.

HELP !!![/QUOTE

HI There.....

Such problem happened to me on xerox 2060 and it was nvm location
    changed from 1 to 0
    Check the manual if this model uses such nvm locations...

Thanks....
    The NVM location number didn't make it through. Please try again. Or tell the explanation of that NVM setting, which actually would be more useful.
    Thanks!

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Smile Re: Xerox 7125 colour alignment

Quote Originally Posted by Iowatech View Post
    Thanks again for taking the time to post what you thought might help, IT DID ! The MOB sensor was replaced and issue resolved. We ran some test regarding the MOB sensor from the eDOC and decided to change it out, a very easy replacement.

So to all with this issue try replacing the MOB sensor!

I wasn't absolutely certain the MOB sensor was the cause of that problem, so thanks for letting me know.
    Also, I now know what MOB stands for: "Marks On Belt". Makes sense in a literal sort of way for what that sensor does, actually.