Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Joeski

Workcentre 7132 Cyan Problems

Hi all,

I'm hoping this is a straight forward one for you clever bunch

The Cyan toner was reported as empty so we replaced it with a brand new genuine cartridge. Unfortunately the WorkCentre still reported the new toner cartridge as 0%!

I've given it all a good clean out but the issue still remains so after looking online it looks like I need to replace the Cyan developer housing and developer:

Xerox WorkCentre 7132 7232 7242 KIT Deve Cyan Housing Assy Unit - 604K43010 641S00599 604K59620 - Xerographic International
    Xerox WorkCentre 7132 7232 7242 Genuine Cyan Developer - 675K38920 - Xerographic International

I'm just looking for some confirmation prior to ordering the above parts if this should be my next step...

Many thanks in advance,

Joeski

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: Workcentre 7132 Cyan Problems

Try turning the gear on the end of the toner cartridge. If it is real hard to turn toner may be packed on one end. If it is shake it until you are able to turn the gear easily.

Joeski

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    Try turning the gear on the end of the toner cartridge. If it is real hard to turn toner may be packed on one end. If it is shake it until you are able to turn the gear easily.
    Thanks, I was going to give it a good clean out today so i'll try that while i'm at it. If that isn't the case would you suggest developer housing or have I been given a bum steer with that one?

Cheers

Joeski

Well just as a follow up to this if anyone is searching for the same problem...

I replaced the Cyan developer housing (and Cyan developer) and it's cured the problem. There was also an issue with faded colour down one side of all prints...this has also been resolved so it looks like there could have been an issue with the housing gears or something!

Cheers